Texans fire Bill O'Brien head coach/GM; Romeo Crennel to be interim

49erurtaza

4 minutes ago, ET80 said:

It's no different than the Texans yielding 1/2 to Cleveland in 2018; Texans went 4-12, so that was the 4th (Denzel Ward) and 36th (Nick Chubb). 

Would I like Ward/Chubb? Absolutely. But, the alternative was having Brock Osweiler instead of Deshaun Watson - that's a trade I'll take every single time. 

This time - Texans have Tunsil. It's yet to be seen what will be had by Miami, but Tunsil is still a better option than (actual picks) plus Matt Kalil or Julie's Davenport as a starting LT.

Just checked...Texans have all their picks in 2022 plus an extra 4th. All is good for whatever new peeples take charge. 

37 minutes ago, FinSting said:

Just checked...Texans have all their picks in 2022 plus an extra 4th. All is good for whatever new peeples take charge. 

Slightly feel like this was why Bill was fired, by week 3 it became evident that his experiment was a complete failure, now they needed him to steady the ship and show them that he could keep them stable enough and above water enough so that they don't have to start a rebuild in 2022.

That was a failure. The Texans are most definitely looking for a GM and HC that will help keep them competitive enough for the SB window to reopen in 2023. I think it's definitely shut until then unless we have a 2019 49ers-eque season next year somehow with our new coach.

Edited by Drained

10 hours ago, N4L said:

No one is saying the Texans ownership isn't to blame 

Don't worry ET, even bad owners make good decisions sometimes. Even Jed York got it right eventually. Only took him 5 tries. Sooo considering how long you guys kept moldy Bob past his expiration, it will only be another 40 years until you hire a the right guy 

62 when we make it to our Super Bowl ring! Woohoo!

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Here's a good read for anyone who is wondering what lies ahead for the Texans next GM/HC:

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2020/10/houston-texans-bill-obrien-fired-replacement-deshaun-watson

"...and making the tough decision to move on from J.J. Watt, whether via trade or release..."

indeed

But you're going to have to come down from your ridiculous asking price.
The offer is: (1) 1st + a conditional pick based on playing time/stats achieved

10 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

"...and making the tough decision to move on from J.J. Watt, whether via trade or release..."

indeed

But you're going to have to come down from your ridiculous asking price.
The offer is: (1) 1st + a conditional pick based on playing time/stats achieved

I prefer a restructure that puts cash in his pocket and lowers his cap figure for a few years - but I'd be lying if the thought of a 1st + additional picks wasn't enticing.

Only thing is, he's still performing at a pretty high level. Not prime Watt, but a top 5 interior rusher for sure.

48 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I prefer a restructure that puts cash in his pocket and lowers his cap figure for a few years - but I'd be lying if the thought of a 1st + additional picks wasn't enticing.

Only thing is, he's still performing at a pretty high level. Not prime Watt, but a top 5 interior rusher for sure.

A first for JJ is definitely an awesome idea but his durability and asking price would be too much, we'd get a third honestly... and I think that's not worth it at all.

He's the type of player to know he's made his money, hes in the twilight of his career. A team friendly restructure so he can continue to be here until he retires is how it should go and I wouldn't be surprised if he took it at first glance. Our DL is better when he's out there, hes positive in the locker room, I feel like he is amazing for development of young players someone that could really teach them. Someone the next FO should look to keep instead of move in the clear out IMO.

1 minute ago, kramxel said:

Will they hire someone mid-season or just run it out with Romeo?

I'm thinking it's Romeo (health pending, because he isn't in the best of health). If he had to step down, I see Anthony Weaver is next guy up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Drained said:

I think him and Easterby (the guy picking our next HC/GM) are really close, I know Easterby is friends with his agent. :(

McDaniels is a grade A douchebag just like O'Brien is.  Backed out of the Colts job and his agent parted ways with him.  Do Not Want

• Like 1