Texans fire Bill O'Brien head coach/GM; Romeo Crennel to be interim

49erurtaza

Can someone tell me how was he toxic as a coach ? According to sources bc I doubt people will just come out and say it.

I heard a lot of bad things as a gm and seen poor playcalling with my own eyes.buttt I heard nothing about players hating to play for him until D Hop got traded.

Jj watt posting a picture of that sun in reliant stadium says it all though

11 hours ago, Split the Sticks said:

But overall, Bill brought in some great talent on to the team and that counts. My opinion, anyway. 

Like who? How much of that was Bill, how much of that was former GM Brian Gaine or Rick Smith?

12 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

Can someone tell me how was he toxic as a coach ? According to sources bc I doubt people will just come out and say it.

I heard a lot of bad things as a gm and seen poor playcalling with my own eyes.buttt I heard nothing about players hating to play for him until D Hop got traded.

Jj watt posting a picture of that sun in reliant stadium says it all though

It's something I'm learning more and more about. Seems like a LOT of players disliked him, and that's becoming apparent with his firing. 

Several former players have been pretty vocal about it - Braxton Miller, Jaelen Strong, Aaron Colvin - all of them have tweeted their thoughts as of late. This being said, it did sound a lot like a few of those players where just piling on and blaming BoB for their own failures as players (specifically Strong, who didn't amount to anything).

23 minutes ago, ET80 said:

It's something I'm learning more and more about. Seems like a LOT of players disliked him, and that's becoming apparent with his firing. 

Several former players have been pretty vocal about it - Braxton Miller, Jaelen Strong, Aaron Colvin - all of them have tweeted their thoughts as of late. This being said, it did sound a lot like a few of those players where just piling on and blaming BoB for their own failures as players (specifically Strong, who didn't amount to anything).

I gotta go look through the tweets it's crazy it's just coming out now

Brandon Brooks an all pro guard said he was miserable under o'brien that holds some weight

Edited by thebestever6

• 2 months later...
On 10/14/2020 at 12:21 PM, ET80 said:

True or not, it does seem like a lot BB disciples seek to emulate BB by becoming a jerk, without the main 2 things which keep BB successful:

1. One of the best football minds of all time.

2. Despite his curmudgeonly attitude, he's not a db to his players. Yes, he's no nonsense but he's also incredibly loyal and would never publicly criticize or embarrass them.

• Like 1

Holy bump...

The season went on as expected - I think we forget that Romeo Crennell is a bad HC in his own right - and now we're at the end, when actual hope and expectations start to take form.

I don't think there's ever been a bigger off-season in Texans' history - this is the first time since Capers/Casserly that the team would be bringing in both a GM and HC, and this is the first actual decision made solely by Cal McNair.

We'll see what this era looks like very soon.

• Like 1