Texans fire Bill O'Brien head coach/GM; Romeo Crennel to be interim

49erurtaza

Houston named Romeo Crennell the interim HC.

Apparently they did not learn from Cleveland and KC's experiences with him. While Kansas City has recovered and is the defending champions, Cleveland would have a 12-season streak of losing seasons entering this season which began with Crennell's last year there, they now have the longest active playoff drought in the NFL. But it looks like they are starting to improve (then again, 2014 looked like that to start, but the Browns were issued a huge reality check in the second half of that season).

Thus, given how the Texans are doing now, it is very unlikely he will have the interim tag removed.

Edited by pf9

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

31 notifications. 

At my son's speech therapy sessions, will fully share my thoughts on what's next.

10/05/2020 - nearly two weeks before my birthday. Best birthday present ever. 

When the Texans end up in worse shape I’m going to feel really really bad for you... who am I kidding I’ll laugh

4 minutes ago, pf9 said:

Houston named Romeo Crennell the interim HC.

Apparently they did not learn from Cleveland and KC's experiences with him. While Kansas City has recovered and is the defending champions, Cleveland would have a 12-season streak of losing seasons entering this season which began with Crennell's last year there, they now have the longest active playoff drought in the NFL. But it looks like they are starting to improve (then again, 2014 looked like that to start, but the Browns were issued a huge reality check in the second half of that season).

Thus, given how the Texans are doing now, it is very unlikely he will have the interim tag removed.

He’s an interim...  there wasn’t many options of experienced coaches. That’s how interims are decided. It’s not that bad. He’s not a long term option. 

• Like 1