Texans fire Bill O'Brien head coach/GM; Romeo Crennel to be interim

49erurtaza

My prediction, this doesn’t age well. 

He’s coached 6 years and has winning seasons in 5. Including 4 playoff appearances and two playoff wins. 

Will be a Caldwell case where the next guy has a couple of losing records and people will go back and say “BOB was coming off two double digit win seasons and he got fired to hire this guy”.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TakeTheBallDeep said:

Eric Bieniemy has to be one of the favorites to be their new head coach next year?

I'll just say that I think they're stupid if they don't give strong consideration to Eric Bieniemy and Lincoln Riley. And if I'm Riley, I jump at the idea of returning to Texas and working with Deshaun Watson.

• Like 3

A few thoughts now that I'm freed up:

- YES!!!!!

- It's good to see that Cal was watching and listening. Going into this past off-season, anyone who followed knew this would be a disaster. Pretty much from 24-0 in KC, the team has been in a spiral, and now you can start to level it out. BoB had been losing the locker room for a while and per a few people close to the team, it really hit the fan two weeks ago.

- People are associating Jack Easterby as tying up Josh McDaniels and Nick Caserio. I'll put that to rest: Easterby is next. See, when you fire BoB, you have options with Romeo as the HC, experienced and capable of doing something. (Maybe not much, but still). However, firing Easterby today means you have absolutely NOBODY in the FO. Easterby will get the opportunity to interview his replacement, at most.

- YES!!!!!!! HELL YEAH!!!!!!

- Now, next man up. The hot name is Eric Bienemy, and I am ALL for that. Deshaun Watson is going to text his buddy Pat Mahomes and get intel and give his stamp of approval. I'm also going to put odds up on Lincoln Riley out of Oklahoma; His work with QBs is pretty much seen up front, as Kyler Murray, Baker Mayfield and Jalen Hurts all developed into high profile draft picks.

- More importantly, who is GM? That's the first order of business. I really don't know who, but someone said John Dorsey? I can see that, but his track record of taking on problem children really flies against what the McNair family looks for. We'll see.

- YES!!!!!!!

- BoB is STILL doing his weekly media show. Should be a good listen in 10 minutes.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, TakeTheBallDeep said:

Eric Bieniemy has to be one of the favorites to be their new head coach next year?

If I’m him, it comes down to Houston, Atlanta and potentially Minnesota if that opens up. All intriguing options for different reasons.

• Like 1