HE GONE BILL OBRIEN FIRED!!!

lumberjackchris

1 minute ago, lumberjackchris said:

Nah. He lost the team 2 weeks ago. Someone tweeted it out but there was a blow up between the players and OB in a meeting.

i wonder if it had to do with Earl Thomas? the players were adamant against bringing him in apparently, and it did feel like a desperation move from BoB

It feels great to be rid of O'Brien, and it's also good they canned him immediately since he was also GM and could have done even more damage as he got increasingly desperate. His precious title collection is what probably got him the mid-season boot, ironically.

Regardless, BOB did massive damage to the franchise that will take several years to unwind. I'd be interested in quantifying the amount of football value he destroyed with his GM moves, because he has to be giving Matt Millen a run for the money over a 2-3 year span. Millen is only the god of futility because he had around a decade to inflict his brand of stupid on a franchise. O'Brien could have caught up to him given a couple more years.

At least Cal surfaced from his money pool long enough to see reality and protect his cash printer.

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

I'm going to make a VERY bold proclamation:

Texans are making the playoffs. 

your crazy. BOB sucked, but our coordinators are the same sucky underlings of BOB. Rac was an absolute failure as a head coach. 

We are going 3-13 maybe 4-12

BOB left us totally screwed, we wont make the playoffs next year, but after next year, we can start a full rebuild. 

But man it sure felt good to see him giving a press conference without wearing any Houston Texans apparel. 

5 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

your crazy

A bit hyped up - but remember we now have THREE wildcards. As you've said, our schedule lightens up considerably and the talent disparity will eventually kick in. Guys like Cunningham, McKinney, Reid - they'll get back into form sooner rather than later. Watson will find some consistency as he hopefully plays more Clemson ball. The run game is still a mess, but that's nothing new.

I'm just hyped up. 

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

A bit hyped up - but remember we now have THREE wildcards. As you've said, our schedule lightens up considerably and the talent disparity will eventually kick in. Guys like Cunningham, McKinney, Reid - they'll get back into form sooner rather than later. Watson will find some consistency as he hopefully plays more Clemson ball. The run game is still a mess, but that's nothing new.

I'm just hyped up. 

The real winners are the Miami dolphins 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

The real winners are the Miami dolphins 

I do think the pick is no longer in the top 5-10. Might be just outside it, but we'll find some wins after this move.

Playing for someone you have no confidence in will lead to some of the crap we've seen the last few weeks. We've seen teams firing coaches mid season, and the team picks up the pace...

• Like 1

Well boys, I was true to my word and refused to spend any further physical, emotional, psychological energy on this team until that man was gone.  It was a bit like a breakup, where you have to work hard to avoid going by her house, checking social media, or hearing about her from friends, but I was rewarded by not having to be a part of the offseason false hope and spin, 4 more games of crippling playcalling and game mismanagement, and the inevitable collapse of a roster that has cast off talent that didn't worship at the altar of BoB's incompetence at every capacity.  It's going to take years for this team to pull out of this hole Cal (and Bob) McNair allowed him to dig unabated and I hope you guys can recognize just how deep that is with the horrific contracts, empty draft classes, burned future draft capital, etc, but at least we can stop digging. 

BoB had some decent human qualities in him, but the emotional intelligence of a cucumber, unearned rep as an offensive mind, Trumpian levels of power-mad disconnection from reality, and was allowed to clear every room of anyone who might bring a new or refreshing take or approach as to do so would be to admit that someone besides him had a superior competency at any small aspect of running a billion dollar franchise.  It's not like I trust Cal to lead a search that profile's any better than Capers, Kubiak, or O'Brien, better yet Casserly, Smith, Gaine, O'Brien, but even a broken clock is right twice a day, so we've got a shot at accidentally making a good hire.  I don't have any illusions about this season turning around, but I think it might salvage hope for guys like JJ and Deshaun who were already checked out.    Just being freed from the cloud O'Brien put over this franchise, ought to free them to at least see some light at the end of that tunnel.  Similarly, I'm happy to have my team back, glad to be back here, and look forward to brighter days down the road.

BTW - Is Devlin still here?    

• Like 2

It’s amazing how terrible our defense is, especially when you think about the talent he didn’t resign 

Kareem Jackson (the safety, not the CB)

Bouye 

Matthieu

Clowney

Reader

i mean that’s basically the answer to all our defensive problems. 

on offense we could literally trade Cooks and David Johnson for Hopkins and either Miller or Hyde. 

this guy also made some really bad trades like Conley and Duke Johnson for good picks. 

I want to see Blacklock, Greenard, Reid and even Heck get some playing time now. 

We're spending $255 million on this roster, which is most in the NFL as well as about $6 million over the cap next season. We traded one of the best WRs in the NFL for a washed up RB and a second rounder while letting our own 1,000 yard rusher walk. We gave Randall Cobb the longest and largest contract of any FA WRs this offseason and traded for Brandin Cooks. We also have no picks in the first two rounds because we traded it two seasons ago. I'm usually slow to want to pull the trigger on firing coaches, but this was beyond justified. Please hire Eric Bieniemy or Robert Saleh.

3 minutes ago, LORK88 said:

We're spending $255 million on this roster, which is most in the NFL as well as about $6 million over the cap next season. We traded one of the best WRs in the NFL for a washed up RB and a second rounder while letting our own 1,000 yard rusher walk. We gave Randall Cobb the longest and largest contract of any FA WRs this offseason and traded for Brandin Cooks. We also have no picks in the first two rounds because we traded it two seasons ago. I'm usually slow to want to pull the trigger on firing coaches, but this was beyond justified. Please hire Eric Bieniemy or Robert Saleh.

If we let JJ go to a contender to get his ring, cut Cooks, BMcK, David J., Kelemente, saves 50 mil on the 2021 cap and all are replaceable 

2 minutes ago, lumberjackchris said:

If we let JJ go to a contender to get his ring, cut Cooks, BMcK, David J., Kelemente, saves 50 mil on the 2021 cap and all are replaceable 

JJ is the tough one. The only other teams I could see him playing for are Green Bay and Pittsburgh, but I don't want to let him go. I selfishly want him to be Texans for life. I'd like to cut Cooks to make room for Fuller as a FA, trade/cut McKinney, cut David Johnson, cut Zach Fulton, and cut Fells. 

We have lots of options to clear cap space this year. We have even more next off season. By 2022 this team will be completely different. 

here’s something to root for though, a sub 1,000 season from Will Fuller, and here is why: contract negotiations. We all know Fuller is a good WR, but he’s a free agent and if we want to keep him, we need his price low. 

8 hours ago, LORK88 said:

JJ is the tough one. The only other teams I could see him playing for are Green Bay and Pittsburgh, but I don't want to let him go. I selfishly want him to be Texans for life. I'd like to cut Cooks to make room for Fuller as a FA, trade/cut McKinney, cut David Johnson, cut Zach Fulton, and cut Fells. 

We have to do what’s right by JJ, if he stays it cause he wants to be here. But if doesn’t want to be apart of whatever type of rebuild then let him go play with his brothers or in GB