HE GONE BILL OBRIEN FIRED!!!

lumberjackchris

2 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

We have lots of options to clear cap space this year. We have even more next off season. By 2022 this team will be completely different. 

here’s something to root for though, a sub 1,000 season from Will Fuller, and here is why: contract negotiations. We all know Fuller is a good WR, but he’s a free agent and if we want to keep him, we need his price low. 

Do you think Brandin Cooks, David Johnson, Randall Cobb and Eric Murray all know they were exploiting BoB's incompetence?

I'd honestly say explain the situation to them, try to restructure the deals or do what we did with Vernon Hargreaves, tell them they won't get that much on the market and offer to cut them then resign for much cheaper.

1 hour ago, Drained said:

Do you think Brandin Cooks, David Johnson, Randall Cobb and Eric Murray all know they were exploiting BoB's incompetence?

I'd honestly say explain the situation to them, try to restructure the deals or do what we did with Vernon Hargreaves, tell them they won't get that much on the market and offer to cut them then resign for much cheaper.

Murray and Cobb will no way do that. Both their contracts are almost fully guaranteed for their 2nd year so the team had zero leverage.

These next 2 have almost no guaranteed money left and will be cut and let go.

Cooks is washed so there’s no reason to bring him back even at a lesser salary. Just put Fuller.

DJ - same as above. He has no burst and can’t get to the edge. I’d say keep Duke and bring in a between the tackles bigger guy you can draft or sign for cheap (alla Hyde) and cut bait 

5 minutes ago, lumberjackchris said:

Murray and Cobb will no way do that. Both their contracts are almost fully guaranteed for their 2nd year so the team had zero leverage.

These next 2 have almost no guaranteed money left and will be cut and let go.

Cooks is washed so there’s no reason to bring him back even at a lesser salary. Just put Fuller.

DJ - same as above. He has no burst and can’t get to the edge. I’d say keep Duke and bring in a between the tackles bigger guy you can draft or sign for cheap (alla Hyde) and cut bait 

Didn't know Murray and Cobb was fully guaranteed for next year, I've liked Cobb so far, Murray... I don't think hes a starting NFL safety. It was a horrible deal. He should be on ST if anything.

I think Cooks isn't washed but his deal is insane, we need to cut him most definitely if he doesn't agree to a new contract taking a huge huge huge paycut, then we will just have to count our losses, Fuller isn't going to be cheap. He will most definitely hit 1000 yards and if he proves hes somewhat durable now then he's worth every penny. 

2 hours ago, Warhorse said:

Colts fan here, happy that you guys got your wish. Hope for you that you hire the right people. The Colts getting Ballard from KC has made all the difference. 

Ballard's body of work is why Mike Borgonzi is so high on my list. They all started in KC and created a similar framework...

• Like 1

Just now, ET80 said:

Cal McNair to meet with the press at 6pm today on 610.

Should be good. Should be scripted and nothing we didn't know, but should still be good.

First time since Robert McNair died he has met the press. What a strange statistic.

I guess we finally got confirmation its him running the franchise, not Janice and its not the same ol' McNair.

• Like 1

Coulter 21 day practice window opened allowing him to come off IR. Hoping this is a good Bill pick because we desperately need a WR to replace either Stills or Cooks. 

He can run a 4.45 and he's nearly 6'4'', insane for matchups.

Edited by Drained