HE GONE BILL OBRIEN FIRED!!!

lumberjackchris

5 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

let us know what he says

(Marc Vandermeer is doing the show, so it's going to be manicured trash):

- Cal is still aiming to win this season.

- We have the players, per Cal. Our offense can move fast, defense has moments.

- He "would have loved to have Hopkins" but has to pay his franchise LT and franchise QB.

- We are paying more than anyone else, so when Hopkins asked for his new contract, team had to say no.

- Feels he moved Hopkins to the right team in terms of cap space, culture, etc.

- Team will hire a GM and HC, GM first to help find HC. 

- Team has a list of candidates for both roles.

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

(Marc Vandermeer is doing the show, so it's going to be manicured trash):

- Cal is still aiming to win this season.

- We have the players, per Cal. Our offense can move fast, defense has moments.

- He "would have loved to have Hopkins" but has to pay his franchise LT and franchise QB.

- We are paying more than anyone else, so when Hopkins asked for his new contract, team had to say no.

- Feels he moved Hopkins to the right team in terms of cap space, culture, etc.

- Team will hire a GM and HC, GM first to help find HC. 

- Team has a list of candidates for both roles.

He also said the team will begin the interview process after the season.

That really tells me how little confidence Cal had in Bill. That makes me happy, I don't like overreaching owners but I like owners who realize when its too late for a coach.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Sort of figured. Not a fan.

Commitment to Easterby not being permanently GM is good though, means that we can do well this season and we aren't stuck with another Patriots retread as a GM (unless we sign Caserio.)

Feels for the first time in a long time this is a franchise and not a weird family business.

1 minute ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I’d love to sign Josh Mcdaniel’s. I just think he could really put together an offense around watson that would be great. Bring in a Dan Quinn at DCord 

Didn't McDaniels destroy Denver? The entire locker room hated him after half a season.

And then 8 years later he had a contract written up with the Colts, he was announced, had the golden handshake then withdrew the decision straight after, followed by an onslaught of negative insider stories on how McDaniels just isn't HC material.

Seems a bit like Bill to me, big headed. Sounds like another HC who is going to try to take over our franchise. I really don't want.

Hopkins just publicly called the Texans ownership out on twitter. Said he didn't want a new deal just a bandaid deal which is a "little raise". Hard to believe at this point it wasn't a matter of Bill O'Brien personal beef.

Deleted tweet shortly after.

Edited by Drained

BR released an interview with an anonymous Texans player, and it seems like the culture inside the building was really toxic. He says that Assistant coaches were afraid to coach or call out mistakes in practice because BOB expected practices to be perfect. this is why the game plan on Sundays was often not working, because coaches weren't able to point out mistakes during practice. it explains why we have always been a better second half team. We have been able to make adjustments at halftime that should have been made during the week of practice. 

Things could really improve for our assistant coaches and coordinators if BOB really was having this kind of impact on them.  The player said that players were excited to be at practice this week and are much freer and looser than before. 

If we can somehow manage to turn it around and win 3 straight leading up to the bye, we could make a big turn around this season. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Drained said:

Didn't McDaniels destroy Denver? The entire locker room hated him after half a season.

And then 8 years later he had a contract written up with the Colts, he was announced, had the golden handshake then withdrew the decision straight after, followed by an onslaught of negative insider stories on how McDaniels just isn't HC material.

Seems a bit like Bill to me, big headed. Sounds like another HC who is going to try to take over our franchise. I really don't want.

mcdaniels is a snake.  i don't want know parts of him.

• Like 1