HE GONE BILL OBRIEN FIRED!!!

lumberjackchris

5 hours ago, D82 said:

This seems bad. 

i was listening to the GM Shuffle podcast today and hoping he'd elaborate on it, but he only said it was like.. a political move? He didnt really talk more about it @ 7:52 https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/week-5-recap-dan-quinn-fired-dak-prescott-injury/id1458884463?i=1000494469904 

Edited by tab

13 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Idk if we are going after him or not but do you think he wants Watson or Ryan, I’m gonna guess Watson. People in the media are saying we aren’t appealing because we have no picks or cap space this off season, but we also have nearly a clean slate in 2022 with a franchise QB and LT locked up. 

Plus we can easily get some cap space in 2021 by cutting a few guys. People are blowing our situation out of proportion. 

• Like 2

On 10/12/2020 at 7:47 PM, Texansfan713 said:

Plus we can easily get some cap space in 2021 by cutting a few guys. People are blowing our situation out of proportion. 

I think it's the short-term look at no cap room as well as no draft capital. Most coaches want to come in right away and make and immediate impact so next year is rough, but past that it's very promising as you mention. As long as Cal understands this is not a quick turnaround and can reiterate he understands this, any great coach would love to come to Houston. We've only had 3 coaches in an 18 year span which says a lot. 

• Like 2

• 11 months later...

Mega bump... but very worthy of note, as if we needed a reason to hate this man any more than we already do:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32294122/new-england-patriots-book-goes-secretive-controversial-franchise-robert-kraft-tom-brady-bill-belichick?platform=amp&__twitter_impression=true

Bill O'Brien told a colleague he tried to get fired as coach of the Houston Texans because he thought he might be able to succeed Belichick, the book says.

If offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels left after the season to be a head coach elsewhere, New England could hire O'Brien and he could perhaps one day succeed Belichick.

"The plan was fanciful," Wickersham writes, "but O'Brien heard about it. He was in a power struggle of his own in Houston, fighting with general manager Rick Smith, a 'dysfunctional' and 'toxic' situation, according to the Houston Chronicle. The leaks from O'Brien's camp, claiming he wanted out, were so aggressive as to be suspicious, as if he knew he had a golden parachute. In the end, though, the [Texans] chose O'Brien over Smith, giving the coach more control over football operations. O'Brien later joked to a confidant that it was a somewhat empty victory. 'I was trying to get fired,' he said."

Seriously - what a jerk. What an absolute jerk, he and his garbage family better stay out of this city. He got what he wanted after trading away the future of this team, I hope he enjoys being Nick Saban's whipping boy in Tuscaloosa...

• Like 2