Week 5 Bucs (3-1) @ Da Bears (3-1)- TNF

ravishingone

20 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Bowles deserves blame, but let s keep in mind the 2nd TD was off a turnover.  I m much more concerned about the offense continuing to do a whole bunch of stupid, then Bowles fixing covering the flats and CBs giving cushion.  

Bowles had Shaq Barrett covering David Montogmery. Why. Devin White got stone walled by the OT too that play. He had our corners playing 9 yards off on a third and 10. Just frustrating the attention to detail Bucs lacked yesterday. Guys did not look prepared at all

1 hour ago, indifference said:

Bowles had Shaq Barrett covering David Montogmery. Why. Devin White got stone walled by the OT too that play. He had our corners playing 9 yards off on a third and 10. Just frustrating the attention to detail Bucs lacked yesterday. Guys did not look prepared at all

The prevent coverage was probably the 2nd most frustrating thing to watch yesterday (outside of the continuous penalties and specifically the PF ones). 10 yards off the ball is just ridiculous...

I was so irked at the 3rd down and like 6 Bears had with under 2 minutes to go in game. We had off coverage (believe it was on CD's side) and of course Bears threw it there and picked up the 1st down and kick the field goal after 3 more plays...

I'm by no means a X's and O's expert but the two infuriating repeat plays I noticed were the dump offs in the flat with noone around to make the tackle, and on offense the pointless first down runs up the middle. I lost count of the number of 2nd and 8 plays where a drop or other negative play led to a punt. Jones did get a couple of nice runs off but the playcalling predictability got the offense behind schedule too often.

As with the Chargers there were also too many blitzes almost getting home with unfortunate results on the back end. 

Game was there for the winning.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

The prevent coverage was probably the 2nd most frustrating thing to watch yesterday (outside of the continuous penalties and specifically the PF ones). 10 yards off the ball is just ridiculous...

I was so irked at the 3rd down and like 6 Bears had with under 2 minutes to go in game. We had off coverage (believe it was on CD's side) and of course Bears threw it there and picked up the 1st down and kick the field goal after 3 more plays...

Situational play calling was bad. These the type of games we have to win. Green Bay, KC are looking like Ls cuz defense will have their hands full.

49 minutes ago, indifference said:

Situational play calling was bad. These the type of games we have to win. Green Bay, KC are looking like Ls cuz defense will have their hands full.

Yep, there is always at least 1 game on schedule where a team craps the bed on a team they should beat, just the given nature of NFL. Hopefully, this was our 1 and only game...

We do have some winnable games sandwiched between the GB and KC games...

Edited by kgarrett12486

1 hour ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Yep, there is always at least 1 game on schedule where a team craps the bed on a team they should beat, just the given nature of NFL. Hopefully, this was our 1 and only game...

We do have some winnable games sandwiched between the GB and KC games...

Agreed. But losing another key starter in Vea just makes me sick. The nfl is all about offense (look at Seattle) so if we can get Godwin and Fournette back and Evans and Miller healthy, it could make a world of difference. Defense will miss Vea and it will mean we need more from our offense. However, if we can get the offense healthy and finally in sync, we can overcome some of the defensive woes that will come with losing Vea.