Texas_OutLaw7

Coaches Thread

This is different 

If Dallas were to move on from Nolan, which I doubt, the first call and kitchen sink should be thrown at Brent Venables. That’s my dream DC hire.

30 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

If Dallas were to move on from Nolan, which I doubt, the first call and kitchen sink should be thrown at Brent Venables. That’s my dream DC hire.

Get Dan Quinn in here. I don't see any reason Venables leaves for a non-HC job. He can have his pick of programs. 

15 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Get Dan Quinn in here. I don't see any reason Venables leaves for a non-HC job. He can have his pick of programs. 

I know he’s not the DC, but that defense in Atlanta might be worse than ours. Think I’d pass on Quinn.

As for Venables, seems he might be one of those content with running a defense. ik, but I’m surprised he wasn't snatched up by some program ages ago. His resume for excellent defenses has to closing in a decade. Whatever the case, nothing would stop me from throwing the kitchen sink his way.

Former Cowboys players have watch tape on the Defense. They say the same thing. Players are confused. Especially the secondary. They are often out of position etc...Mike Nolan was a nepotism hiring by MM. 

30 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

If only we could demote Nolan to LB coach and hire a real DC....

Wouldn’t even have to look outside of coaching staff tbh. George Edwards ran some solid defenses in Minnesota.

As much crap as people gave Redball, I always contended he was an excellent non-gameday coach. The dude was a good teacher, leader, person and for the most part the players played hard for him.