Jump to content
Texas_OutLaw7

Coaches Thread

Recommended Posts

Guess I’m not surprised. I don’t think D is loaded with talent by any means, but also don’t believe they are 35 pt/gm bad either. 

Last night MM said he thought team had their best week of practice heading into game. 
Something is amiss here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll give Zeke credit, he at least mans up and owns his mistakes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, buddy_z34 said:

Nolan really needs to go

No! Nolan needs to stay. We need that top 5 pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

As much crap as people gave Redball, I always contended he was an excellent non-gameday coach. The dude was a good teacher, leader, person and for the most part the players played hard for him.

And as much as I despised him, I never disagreed with that. McCarthy and his clown car have proven themselves utterly incompetent. I was willing to give them a pass due to Covid-19, but not anymore. The team has literally tuned them out. That’s why you see the mistakes/turnovers on offense (fumbles, stone hands leading to INTs, poor pass protection) and the brutally poor performances on defense. They don’t understand the scheme, nor do they care; because they aren’t being coached.

If Jerry has any balls, he’ll fire McCarthy immediately following the season.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The players are already speaking out about their coaches. More so on the defensive side. Anyone knows which follows football, you go by what the players are saying and fire the coach. No coach is worth more than the players. Unless you're a select few of coaches

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, plan9misfit said:

And as much as I despised him, I never disagreed with that. McCarthy and his clown car have proven themselves utterly incompetent. I was willing to give them a pass due to Covid-19, but not anymore. The team has literally tuned them out. That’s why you see the mistakes/turnovers on offense (fumbles, stone hands leading to INTs, poor pass protection) and the brutally poor performances on defense. They don’t understand the scheme, nor do they care; because they aren’t being coached.

If Jerry has any balls, he’ll fire McCarthy immediately following the season.

I dont think Jerry having balls has anything to do with whether he fired Mccarthy or not.

I dont think Jerry will fire him given how hard it was to fire his prodigal son in Garrett. Giving up on McCarthy so soon will just make Jerry feel worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

And as much as I despised him, I never disagreed with that. McCarthy and his clown car have proven themselves utterly incompetent. I was willing to give them a pass due to Covid-19, but not anymore. The team has literally tuned them out. That’s why you see the mistakes/turnovers on offense (fumbles, stone hands leading to INTs, poor pass protection) and the brutally poor performances on defense. They don’t understand the scheme, nor do they care; because they aren’t being coached.

If Jerry has any balls, he’ll fire McCarthy immediately following the season.

I'd be a little more on board with keeping McCarthy if he fired Nolan. The fact he won't tells me he's all in on cronyism. We don't need that crap here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, D82 said:

I'd be a little more on board with keeping McCarthy if he fired Nolan. The fact he won't tells me he's all in on cronyism. We don't need that crap here. 

McCarthy has never had a reliable d-coordinator. All he’d do is find a way to bring Dom Capers here as Nolan’s replacement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

McCarthy has never had a reliable d-coordinator. All he’d do is find a way to bring Dom Capers here as Nolan’s replacement.

Capers coached a Super Bowl winning defense at least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...