Coaches Thread

Texas_OutLaw7

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

As much crap as people gave Redball, I always contended he was an excellent non-gameday coach. The dude was a good teacher, leader, person and for the most part the players played hard for him.

And as much as I despised him, I never disagreed with that. McCarthy and his clown car have proven themselves utterly incompetent. I was willing to give them a pass due to Covid-19, but not anymore. The team has literally tuned them out. That’s why you see the mistakes/turnovers on offense (fumbles, stone hands leading to INTs, poor pass protection) and the brutally poor performances on defense. They don’t understand the scheme, nor do they care; because they aren’t being coached.

If Jerry has any balls, he’ll fire McCarthy immediately following the season.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, plan9misfit said:

And as much as I despised him, I never disagreed with that. McCarthy and his clown car have proven themselves utterly incompetent. I was willing to give them a pass due to Covid-19, but not anymore. The team has literally tuned them out. That’s why you see the mistakes/turnovers on offense (fumbles, stone hands leading to INTs, poor pass protection) and the brutally poor performances on defense. They don’t understand the scheme, nor do they care; because they aren’t being coached.

I dont think Jerry having balls has anything to do with whether he fired Mccarthy or not.

I dont think Jerry will fire him given how hard it was to fire his prodigal son in Garrett. Giving up on McCarthy so soon will just make Jerry feel worse.

3 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

I'd be a little more on board with keeping McCarthy if he fired Nolan. The fact he won't tells me he's all in on cronyism. We don't need that crap here. 

30 minutes ago, D82 said:

I'd be a little more on board with keeping McCarthy if he fired Nolan. The fact he won't tells me he's all in on cronyism. We don't need that crap here. 

McCarthy has never had a reliable d-coordinator. All he’d do is find a way to bring Dom Capers here as Nolan’s replacement.

4 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

McCarthy has never had a reliable d-coordinator. All he’d do is find a way to bring Dom Capers here as Nolan’s replacement.

Capers coached a Super Bowl winning defense at least.