Lincoln Riley was not my favorite choice but looks like it would have been a smarter move.

Trading for Zimmer or Vrabel was my top hope.

Now my short list of future coaching options, should McCarthy be canned as he should be:

Robert Saleh, San Francisco -

What he's done with the quickly outdated former Seahawks cover 3 under 43 defensivr scheme has been masterful. While he made a living more on a stacked front 7 of high round picks, his defensive design and innovation, tweaking schemes that were gameplanned away after a few years by offenses, cannot be denied. He deserves a look.

Alex Van Pelt, Cleveland -

Been on the radar of many teams for a while. Solid playcaller with a newer edge to his play designs. His short stay in Cincy set his career path back, but it is still time he is given a chance.

Lincoln Riley, Oklahoma -

Young and innovative, his biggest knock has been that his defenses are not very good. Moot point, because he does not call or design his defenses. Paired with a solid defensive mind, he could help this offense live up to its hype.

Pat Fitzgerald, Northwestern -

One of those true leader types, Ive always admired how hard his undertalented, outrecruited teams always play for him. They fight hard, and they listen to him. That kind of leadership and discipline is something Dallas has lacked for years.

Brian Schottenheimer, Seattle -

What he has done with Seattle has been remarkable. And is there a better comparison in playstyle to Dak than Russel Wilson? This young man even helped Mark Sanchez look like he had a real NFL future at one point.

2 minutes ago, Dallas94Ware said:

Lincoln Riley was not my favorite choice but looks like it would have been a smarter move.

Trading for Zimmer or Vrabel was my top hope.

Now my short list of future coaching options, should McCarthy be canned as he should be:

Robert Saleh, San Francisco -

What he's done with the quickly outdated former Seahawks cover 3 under 43 defensivr scheme has been masterful. While he made a living more on a stacked front 7 of high round picks, his defensive design and innovation, tweaking schemes that were gameplanned away after a few years by offenses, cannot be denied. He deserves a look.

Alex Van Pelt, Cleveland -

Been on the radar of many teams for a while. Solid playcaller with a newer edge to his play designs. His short stay in Cincy set his career path back, but it is still time he is given a chance.

Lincoln Riley, Oklahoma -

Young and innovative, his biggest knock has been that his defenses are not very good. Moot point, because he does not call or design his defenses. Paired with a solid defensive mind, he could help this offense live up to its hype.

Pat Fitzgerald, Northwestern -

One of those true leader types, Ive always admired how hard his undertalented, outrecruited teams always play for him. They fight hard, and they listen to him. That kind of leadership and discipline is something Dallas has lacked for years.

What he has done with Seattle has been remarkable. And is there a better comparison in playstyle to Dak than Russel Wilson? This young man even helped Mark Sanchez look like he had a real NFL future at one point.

Not a fan of Bieniemy? 

9 minutes ago, Dallas94Ware said:

Dont Seahawks fans absolutely hate Schotty? 

Just now, D82 said:

Not a fan of Bieniemy? 

Not a fan of any coach who's claim to fame is "I worked under a very good coach for a few years"

Bieniemy does not call or design the offense. He runs a system installed by another coach who's track record of game management has been sketchy (dont let a SB win fool you, Reid's biggest fault has been decision making during the game) so cant say he has learned even that trait from an all time great.

Pederson won his SB mostly on defense, with Wentz playing at an MVP level on a gimmick that has since been gameplanned away by defenses. Reid's coaching tree from offenaive assistants has not been good - Brad Childress, Pat Shurmur,  Matt Nagy (still a toss up), Pederson (losing record overall despite the 1 season).

So no, definitely dont see success in Bienemy.

Just now, Dallas94Ware said:

Not a fan of any coach who's claim to fame is "I worked under a very good coach for a few years"

Bieniemy does not call or design the offense. He runs a system installed by another coach who's track record of game management has been sketchy (dont let a SB win fool you, Reid's biggest fault has been decision making during the game) so cant say he has learned even that trait from an all time great.

Pederson won his SB mostly on defense, with Wentz playing at an MVP level on a gimmick that has since been gameplanned away by defenses. Reid's coaching tree from offenaive assistants has not been good - Brad Childress, Pat Shurmur,  Matt Nagy (still a toss up), Pederson (losing record overall despite the 1 season).

So no, definitely dont see success in Bienemy.

Fair enough.

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Dont Seahawks fans absolutely hate Schotty? 

i have no idea. I am not in Seattle. Schottenheimer, like his father, took a TON of flak because they make unpopular decisions. But the track record of success, play design, play calling, and getting the best out of a QB is undeniable.

2 minutes ago, Dallas94Ware said:

i have no idea. I am not in Seattle. Schottenheimer, like his father, took a TON of flak because they make unpopular decisions. But the track record of success, play design, play calling, and getting the best out of a QB is undeniable.

Im pretty sure the knock on him is that they take the ball out of Wilsons hands for most the game and expect him to pull magic out of his rear in the 4th. I dunno. But they bash the hell out of the guy. 

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Im pretty sure the knock on him is that they take the ball out of Wilsons hands for most the game and expect him to pull magic out of his rear in the 4th. I dunno. But they bash the hell out of the guy. 

Yeah, don't want that.

16 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

He establishes the run and builds towards play action. And the ball has been in Wilsons hands more in the last 2 seasons under Schottenheimer than it ever was under Bevel, their previous OC.

Some fanbases just look for any scapegoat they can find. Schottenheimer has found or created offensive success every place hes been. And his willingness to run the ball and use misdirection playaction is something that would fit well here with this offense, and something i expected more of for this team already.

Ill also add Brian Daboll to my list. 

Besides a resume including stints under both the best in the pros (Belichick) and the best in college (Saban), Daboll has helped mold an innaccurate, big armed slinger of the ball (Josh Allen) into a formidable NFL passer, designed an offense that masks its shortcomings with a variety of concepts that are new age and tough to defend, had 5 different OC stints allowing plenty of time to learn from mistakes and grow as a coach, and learn from some of the best how to properly manage a team, manage a game, and work with different types of players.

Definitely a good option to consider IMO.

3 minutes ago, D82 said:

I'd go with:

Saleh
Dan Campbell
Bieniemy 
Eberflus

Daboll, Roman or Wink Martindale are up there. Joe Brady would be interesting.

Dan Campbell is interesting because he is the type who would likely hire good coordinators and let them run their side of the ball while he runs the team. When he was an interim HC his team played hard and he let his assistants do their jobs. He didnt try to micromanage or dictate or take over playcalling. He did his job and he let them do theirs. If he hired a good staff that could be perfect for Dallas.

Eberflus would likely want to bring over the same defensive concepts we just ran out of town, with bland zones, bend dont break, let your 4 lineman get after the QB, stunts twists no disguising etc. Thats what he runs now, bringing that style with him when he left Dallas. Not quite sure I want that again, even if its been effective for him.

3 minutes ago, Dallas94Ware said:

Eberflus would likely want to bring over the same defensive concepts we just ran out of town, with bland zones, bend dont break, let your 4 lineman get after the QB, stunts twists no disguising etc. Thats what he runs now, bringing that style with him when he left Dallas. Not quite sure I want that again, even if its been effective for him.

I haven't really watched what Indy has been doing on defense...but I know he's loved over there, and they currently have the 3rd rank defense in the NFL.