Jump to content
Texas_OutLaw7

Coaches Thread

Recommended Posts

37 minutes ago, Dallas94Ware said:

The doctors can clear the player if the team truly wants them to, that is no real secret ;)

Payton has been very verbal about Bill's influence on picking up Brees, that is no real secret either. When Payton first went to New Orleans, he reached out to Bill about several things, this being one of them. And yes, he did ask for Romo, that is true as well.

@plan9misfit

That isn't an answer. You keep trying to revise history. I'm telling you Miami was the target and because of the rejection it allowed the Saints to be players. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dallas94Ware said:

The doctors can clear the player if the team truly wants them to, that is no real secret ;)

Payton has been very verbal about Bill's influence on picking up Brees, that is no real secret either. When Payton first went to New Orleans, he reached out to Bill about several things, this being one of them. And yes, he did ask for Romo, that is true as well.

@plan9misfit and slam, I get it, you obviously dislike Zimmer. And for all the hate you once gave Romo you now think the world of him after the fact. Im very confused here as to what your points now are, lol. I happen to like Zimmer and think he is continually screwed by Spielman shoving players at him that have no business fitting into their puzzle, and Zimmer somehow still keeps them co.petitive. You can dislike him though. Thats how this works you know.

I do not, have not, and will never “think the world” of Romo. He was a stat compiling choke artist. I’ve never wavered from that position.

And, I don’t care what Spielman’s relationship is with Zimmer. The Village Idiot was in Dallas long enough for us to know that his system doesn’t work.

Again, let’s stop with the useless retreads.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

good Gawd this is absolutely disgusting!! 

Honestly, it should be 5-15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

 

...

Wow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, D82 said:

...

Wow. 

All the Cowboys reporters were like "can't make this stuff up..." lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, D82 said:

...

Wow. 

 

24 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

All the Cowboys reporters were like "can't make this stuff up..." lol

As someone who cooks a lot of spicy things, how dare you make fun of him. There is nothing worse than cutting 25 jalepeno's while drinking beer, forgetting about it 15 minutes later, and going pee. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

 

As someone who cooks a lot of spicy things, how dare you make fun of him. There is nothing worse than cutting 25 jalepeno's while drinking beer, forgetting about it 15 minutes later, and going pee. 

I live for spicy food and you get what you deserve if you pull that move. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

 

As someone who cooks a lot of spicy things, how dare you make fun of him. There is nothing worse than cutting 25 jalepeno's while drinking beer, forgetting about it 15 minutes later, and going pee. 

Wrong.  Watching the cowboys play defense is worse.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, acowboys62 said:

I live for spicy food and you get what you deserve if you pull that move. 

Guess I've deserved it then......more than once i might add. LMFAO. Habanero baby....or ghost peppers....yikes

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From Reddit:

 

 

Brett Favre:

I'm a little bit baffled because Mike's pretty good at handling players and dealing with issues. Is he perfect? No one is. I think, maybe part of the problem is he's pretty stubborn and strong minded and a disciplinarian, but not in a way, it's not like going to the principal. He's just got that tough Pittsburgh mentality, which is where he's from.

Maybe the group of guys that they have, the core group that you count on, maybe are not guys that take coaching on, maybe are not guys that take coaching very well. I don't know. . . There's something missing there.

And I'm not defending the coaching staff necessarily, but you got to take ownership as a player, and as a group of guys to get the thing righted and get the ship back afloat, regardless of who your coach is. That's a lame excuse to not want to get it back on course because the coaches are whatever. That's a lame excuse. So they're lacking from a player leadership perspective.

 
 

[–]CowboysJGraham626 31 points 6 hours ago 

Sounds pretty similar to what Bob Sturm, Cowboys writer and radio host, who grew up and is a Packers fan, wrote in the Athletic Monday. For those with no subscription:

This team is already showing all of the worst signs of complete chaos. In fact, they are showing the telltale signs of a team that wants to get their coach fired. A coach who they have grown tired of and have decided they have seen enough. That should never be happening in Year 1 of a new administration, and there is nothing in Mike McCarthy’s past that indicates it has happened before. He is a Pittsburgh guy who has no time for normal football primadonna nonsense and wants 53 guys with dirty uniforms and bruises galore smiling with a tooth missing and a little blood on their face. He wants gritty football and a battle for every inch.

Instead, he signed up to run the organization best known for the artwork and the $300 million yacht in the Mediterranean as well as the most expensive and plush stadium, one that pairs nicely with the most expensive and plush practice palace.

He went on:

This is a battle of cultures, and McCarthy is just now finding out how far he is from the muddy uniforms of Pennsylvania. He’s explaining to those who love the easy life of “Dallas Cowboys National Country Club” that they’re being asked to help with the manual labor to rebuild something worth investing time and energy into, but it might cost them some muddy clothes and a few bruised and cut fingers. They might even be asked to give up a few front teeth if things get extra ugly and they have to defend a teammate in a bar fight. Randy White can show the way, if you are confused.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

From Reddit:

 

 

Brett Favre:

I'm a little bit baffled because Mike's pretty good at handling players and dealing with issues. Is he perfect? No one is. I think, maybe part of the problem is he's pretty stubborn and strong minded and a disciplinarian, but not in a way, it's not like going to the principal. He's just got that tough Pittsburgh mentality, which is where he's from.

Maybe the group of guys that they have, the core group that you count on, maybe are not guys that take coaching on, maybe are not guys that take coaching very well. I don't know. . . There's something missing there.

And I'm not defending the coaching staff necessarily, but you got to take ownership as a player, and as a group of guys to get the thing righted and get the ship back afloat, regardless of who your coach is. That's a lame excuse to not want to get it back on course because the coaches are whatever. That's a lame excuse. So they're lacking from a player leadership perspective.

 
 

[–]CowboysJGraham626 31 points 6 hours ago 

Sounds pretty similar to what Bob Sturm, Cowboys writer and radio host, who grew up and is a Packers fan, wrote in the Athletic Monday. For those with no subscription:

This team is already showing all of the worst signs of complete chaos. In fact, they are showing the telltale signs of a team that wants to get their coach fired. A coach who they have grown tired of and have decided they have seen enough. That should never be happening in Year 1 of a new administration, and there is nothing in Mike McCarthy’s past that indicates it has happened before. He is a Pittsburgh guy who has no time for normal football primadonna nonsense and wants 53 guys with dirty uniforms and bruises galore smiling with a tooth missing and a little blood on their face. He wants gritty football and a battle for every inch.

Instead, he signed up to run the organization best known for the artwork and the $300 million yacht in the Mediterranean as well as the most expensive and plush stadium, one that pairs nicely with the most expensive and plush practice palace.

He went on:

This is a battle of cultures, and McCarthy is just now finding out how far he is from the muddy uniforms of Pennsylvania. He’s explaining to those who love the easy life of “Dallas Cowboys National Country Club” that they’re being asked to help with the manual labor to rebuild something worth investing time and energy into, but it might cost them some muddy clothes and a few bruised and cut fingers. They might even be asked to give up a few front teeth if things get extra ugly and they have to defend a teammate in a bar fight. Randy White can show the way, if you are confused.

So...basically what a lot of people have said for a while now. They don't wanna win, so long as they're getting checks they don't care and they know they don't have to fight for their jobs because as long as Jerry's making money...nobody has to fear for their jobs. Awesome. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, D82 said:

So...basically what a lot of people have said for a while now. They don't wanna win, so long as they're getting checks they don't care and they know they don't have to fight for their jobs because as long as Jerry's making money...nobody has to fear for their jobs. Awesome. 

Well, its kinda speculation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...