2020 NHL Draft Thread | What are the Devils Mukhamadullin?

flyers0909

10 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Toffoli's going to market cuz Benning refuses to attach assets to cap dumps. Hockey GMs are so damn stubborn lol.

Man I'd be so freaking scared if I was a Vancouver fan. Potentially losing both Toffoli and Markstrom, while being one of the favoured destinations for OEL.

Benning is going to Dubas the Canucks.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

Man I'd be so freaking scared if I was a Vancouver fan. Potentially losing both Toffoli and Markstrom, while being one of the favoured destinations for OEL.

Benning is going to Dubas the Canucks.

He needs to sack up and attach something to get out from under those contracts but that would be admitting that he made mistakes and he isn't going to do that.

6 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

Since I'm getting all excited, who's your "generally ranked outside the top 31" ranked prospect that you see being picked in the 1st round?

Well that could be like anyone of half my top 31 list!

I'll say Jake Neighbors though. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Tristen Robins, easily.

I think Robins is pretty normally ranked in the top 31 no?

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Well that could be like anyone of half my top 31 list!

I'll say Jake Neighbors though. 

Good call, could definitely see him in the 20s.

Mine is Luke Evangelista. Has a ton of skill, good-great IQ, and goes into dirty areas. I think he'll be a good pro. He also scored a bunch from ES too (among the top of the class IIRC).

1 minute ago, Canadian Saint said:

I think Robins is pretty normally ranked in the top 31 no?

No. Just based on his elite prospects profile, he's not top 31 on any of those. Button has him at 82. Pronman has him at 78. He was an honorable mention for McKenzie. Wheeler has him at 57.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

The funny thing is that I was telling Beekay a couple of weeks ago that Elite Prospects actually has a do not draft grade on him lol. 

Honestly? I thought EP had one of the worst draft coverages this year. I'm not sure who scouted their prospects, but man their coverage was lacking. Neighbors' skating needs work, but bloody hell it's not do not draft level.

Edited by Canadian Saint
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

Mine is Luke Evangelista. Has a ton of skill, good-great IQ, and goes into dirty areas. I think he'll be a good pro. He also scored a bunch from ES too (among the top of the class IIRC).

All but 2 of his points were scored 5v5. He fills out his frame, he's going to be a good one.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

Whispers in Edmonton(via radio and WHL guys) that Detroit has really taken a liking to Seth Jarvis.

I would laugh, and I absolutely adore Jarvis. 

People have been so certain it's Perfetti, I know it won't be him. I don't know how they pass on Rossi given their center need. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

I would laugh, and I absolutely adore Jarvis. 

People have been so certain it's Perfetti, I know it won't be him. I don't know how they pass on Rossi given their center need. 

I think it might be a smoke screen, but I love Jarvis so I get it. Him and Perfetti are getting lost in the shuffle, but both of those guys have a really high IQ. Jarvis' skills in particular. His offense should transfer to the NHL really well. Maybe they trade down and get another 1st?