Mike McCarthy is 2-6 with the Cowboys

PackGymRat

28 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Of course Dallas might not make the playoffs so we won't have to worry about them.  😄

WILL YOU PEOPLE STOP IT WITH THE BAD KARMA!!!!!!!

IT'S LIKE YOU'RE ALL DYING TO LOSE TO HIM.

For real though, stop it. The idea of this happening is terrifying 

Edited by Norm

53 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Of course Dallas might not make the playoffs so we won't have to worry about them.  😄

The NFCE is up for grabs:
If Kyle Allen can stabilize (make something of) the WA offense they've got a decent D.
If PHIL gets its people back healthy (and can stay that way).
If DAL suffers more injuries on the offensive side of things and their D continues to stink.

Really tough to judge McCarthy.  No it’s not, but where is the question.  His offense is doing very well in Dallas, but is that a matter of having Cooper, Gallup, Lamb and Elliot?

It seems clear to me his biggest flaw is STILL loyalty and a lack of accountability on defense.  That’s why I can’t stand Pettine.  It’s always the same ****.  Garbage time points, injuries, players fault for not tackling, lack of talent...

Excuses are a crutch that keeps you crippled and I hate it.  In no world should the Cowboys be the last ranked defense in the NFL.  They’re not the most talented, but they sure as hell aren’t the least, and that falls directly onto McCarthy not only for his hiring choices, but also who he keeps hired and also who he doesn’t force to improve.

30 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Really tough to judge McCarthy.  No it’s not, but where is the question.  His offense is doing very well in Dallas, but is that a matter of having Cooper, Gallup, Lamb and Elliot?

It seems clear to me his biggest flaw is STILL loyalty and a lack of accountability on defense.  That’s why I can’t stand Pettine.  It’s always the same ****.  Garbage time points, injuries, players fault for not tackling, lack of talent...

Excuses are a crutch that keeps you crippled and I hate it.  In no world should the Cowboys be the last ranked defense in the NFL.  They’re not the most talented, but they sure as hell aren’t the least, and that falls directly onto McCarthy not only for his hiring choices, but also who he keeps hired and also who he doesn’t force to improve.

They're in a bad situation on D.  Couple pass rushers. No DTs, young CBs without the studs at safety and their big money LBs arent doing it this year. Like the vikings but in a worse spot with a worse guy running it.

Edited by HighCalebR

4 hours ago, squire12 said:

Dallas had a really good offensive last year, and used a top 20 pick on a WR

Eh, admittedly CeeDee was one of my crushes, but I felt like he was just way too good a value to pass there. They needed DL help, but there wasn't any too great at that point (not a Chaisson or Blacklock guy)

Dak Prescott's refusal to sign a long-term deal may have just come back to bite him. He tore up his ankle by running (and not sliding) on Sunday, and will be out for a while (at least this season). 

He turned down a reported 5yr $175m deal, an average of $35m per year (I believe he wanted a four year deal) and as a consequence has doubly lost. There is no big chunk of guaranteed money in his bank (from a long-term deal). Also, the Cowboys might reference this injury as part of the negotiations when sorting out a multi-year deal after this, his franchise-tagged year.

He might even have a triple loss as he has had documented mental problems in the past and being out for a long period of time from a gruesome injury will be very mentally testing.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive

1 hour ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

He might even have a triple loss as he has had documented mental problems in the past and being out for a long period of time from a gruesome injury will be very mentally testing.

Appreciate what you’re trying to say but if his totally normal issues are used as a negotiating ploy he needs to walk away from the table.

And you know that right? He didn’t have mental problems, he had normal issues that literally everyone goes through.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, deathstar said:

Appreciate what you’re trying to say but if his totally normal issues are used as a negotiating ploy he needs to walk away from the table.

And you know that right? He didn’t have mental problems, he had normal issues that literally everyone goes through.

Dak's brother took his own life and Dak himself has talked about anxiety and depression he has had. While not necessarily abnormal, it would seem he is at the wrong end of the 'mental strength' curve, intensified by him working in a notoriously high-pressure, low-tolerance job, and at it's most demanding position. Also, unfair as it may seem, when it comes to talking millions of dollars, people tend to play hardball.

Sure he can walk away from the Cowboys, but that has its own cost. He has made much of his resume behind a very good o line, good receivers and a top running back. How would he fare with a much worse team, which is the kind of team most likely able pay him the big bucks. 

Edited by OneTwoSixFive

8 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Dak's brother took his own life and Dak himself has talked about anxiety and depression he has had. While not necessarily abnormal, it would seem he is at the wrong end of the 'mental strength' curve, intensified by him working in a notoriously high-pressure, low-tolerance job, and at it's most demanding position. Also, unfair as it may seem, when it comes to talking millions of dollars, people tend to play hardball.

Sure he can walk away from the Cowboys, but that has its own cost. He has made much of his resume behind a very good o line, good receivers and a top running back. How would he fare with a much worse team, which is the kind of team most likely able pay him the big bucks. 

Jesus Christ

• Like 8

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Jesus Christ

People differ and it isn't really controversial to say that some deal with adversity better than others.. If I were to chart my own mental strength it wouldn't be a constant.

Key events can increase anxiety and depression, but behind that there is what I would call an inner core, which varies between individuals.