Mike McCarthy is 2-6 with the Cowboys

PackGymRat

5 minutes ago, JaireAlex said:

With MM in the rear view mirror a couple years and seeing the mess he's making out of the bling he has in Dallas, I realize MM should have been gone after 2011. Most NFL coaches have really big heads and loud mouths and not much between the ears. The really good coaches are quite rare: So many ways one can make mistakes as a coach. I used to think Mac was one of the good ones. I now realize he was not, at least since 2012.

"It's time to move on from this coach" is a weird thing to get out of a 15-1 season and one of the best offenses in league history, even in retrospect.

10 minutes ago, JaireAlex said:

With MM in the rear view mirror a couple years and seeing the mess he's making out of the bling he has in Dallas, I realize MM should have been gone after 2011. Most NFL coaches have really big heads and loud mouths and not much between the ears. The really good coaches are quite rare: So many ways one can make mistakes as a coach. I used to think Mac was one of the good ones. I now realize he was not, at least since 2012.

They're the number one team in yards by 400 over second place and they're only 6 points behind first for points.

Their defense sucks ****, but the offense is fine. I'm pretty sure the bling you refer to, was on offense.

Edited by Norm

1 minute ago, Norm said:

They're the number one team in yards by 400 over second place and they're only 6 points behind first for points.

Their defense sucks ****, but the offense is fine. I'm pretty sure the bling you refer to, was on offense.

The team is stacked on offense. MM's problem never was with offense except for running the ball. Jerry needed to hire a defensive coach. Anyone should be able to make that Dallas roster into a number one offense.

Mac sucks at the rest. Arod did not have a top 10 Defense after 2010. Still hasn't. That's ineptitude by the HC, by the DC, and by the GM, esp when the entire draft was focused on defense for 6 years. The only job is to field a top 10 defense with Arod.

Mac did to Arod what Miami did to Marino. That should be MM's epitaph. I owe Mac nothing. He got paid and had the privilege to coach maybe the best QB all time and was credited with a Lombardy that only Arod could have won in 2010..... and wasted his talent during his prime. 

21 minutes ago, JaireAlex said:

The team is stacked on offense. MM's problem never was with offense except for running the ball. Jerry needed to hire a defensive coach. Anyone should be able to make that Dallas roster into a number one offense.

Mac sucks at the rest. Arod did not have a top 10 Defense after 2010. Still hasn't. That's ineptitude by the HC, by the DC, and by the GM, esp when the entire draft was focused on defense for 6 years. The only job is to field a top 10 defense with Arod.

Mac did to Arod what Miami did to Marino. That should be MM's epitaph. I owe Mac nothing. He got paid and had the privilege to coach maybe the best QB all time and was credited with a Lombardy that only Arod could have won in 2010..... and wasted his talent during his prime. 

And now he has a great RB in Dallas.  I wonder if he'll utilize him more than he did with Aaron Jones when he was in GB....

53 minutes ago, JaireAlex said:

So what could be possible do on offense that would make you say, wow he's doing a good job? I'm not defending the defense but you literally said he was making a mess of the bling, which I took to mean offensive weapons, when he arguably has the number one offense? Is that's a mess, you have an impossible standard for what that offense should be. And fwiw, that OL isn't very good, for all the pretty parts at the skills. He could have been running the ball better, but yeah they have been in some shootouts that make that harder. If you're strictly looking at offense, I don't think you can hate on him, you don't have to praise him either btw. I think he's done just fine there. Ripping on the rest won't get a fight out of me. Just trying to make sure we don't get way out into left field on the things he's actually not doing too poorly at. But I'm sure someone else will come call me an apologist now because I don't have personal hatred for him.

34 minutes ago, Norm said:

So what could be possible do on offense that would make you say, wow he's doing a good job? I'm not defending the defense but you literally said he was making a mess of the bling, which I took to mean offensive weapons, when he arguably has the number one offense? Is that's a mess, you have an impossible standard for what that offense should be. And fwiw, that OL isn't very good, for all the pretty parts at the skills. He could have been running the ball better, but yeah they have been in some shootouts that make that harder. If you're strictly looking at offense, I don't think you can hate on him, you don't have to praise him either btw. I think he's done just fine there. Ripping on the rest won't get a fight out of me. Just trying to make sure we don't get way out into left field on the things he's actually not doing too poorly at. But I'm sure someone else will come call me an apologist now because I don't have personal hatred for him.

He's the HC. Not the OC. Mac and his apologists played that game for years in GB. Capers just wasted picks and years not fixing the D. MM is to blame. It's like running game and defense are secondary, optional considerations for him. He is not a good coach. He is worse than Garrett and I did not think that of him til this year. I'm also reassessing the ****show he did in GB all these years.

We gave him a pass in GB for the defense. That was a mistake. The defense is on the HC (except where the GM says otherwise). If Murphy and Gute allow him, I fully expect MLF to get his guy for DC based on everything MLF has done and said: that is if Pettine doesnt turn it around.

It takes a lot to be a good HC. You don't get to just be an OC. That's how AR was wasted even worse than Marino as I'm looking over these rankings.  

Edited by JaireAlex

7 minutes ago, deathstar said:

Without comment on the content of anyone’s posts, I find it weird when I see someone use the term apologist unironically.

Without comment on the content of anyone's posts, I find it weird when I see someone use the term unironically ironically. (Apologies.)

Edited by Uffdaswede
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, JaireAlex said:

He's the HC. Not the OC

This is hilarious. When I argued this early in the season, when he wasn't doing well, it was "yeah but it's his offense." Happened multiple times when I said he wasn't the one calling plays. So when it can hurt him, he's just the HC, when it does well, he's not the OC. The OC is doing a great job, he cannot have any credit for that. The DC sucks, what a dumbass for having a bad DC. This isn't about mccarthy, this is all people's double standards for every damn thing when they want to be right. 

Edited by Norm
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Cakeshoppe said:

"It's time to move on from this coach" is a weird thing to get out of a 15-1 season and one of the best offenses in league history, even in retrospect.

That is something about the NFL. It's hard to win. It's hard also to change an offense or defense. 2012 is really when things went south. The pretty air shows rarely get a team to the big dance, never win it. The greatest show on turf only won one and that was with a top D. They are fun to watch. It seems MM hasn't learned anything. He's doing the same thing in Dallas. And his pig headedness in GB was his worst attribute (but big egos run the NFL).

We should have fired MM in 2014 but they made it to the NFCC. Likewise, Pettine should have been fired for that mess he put together against San Fran in the NFCC. Good coaches never allow those things to happen. I hope Pettine has the best season of his career and takes an HC job next year.

Anyways, I just posted because I realized only today that Arod has been given less than any elite QB. Much less than Favre and even less than Marino: both surprising to me. Part of it was the rash of career ending injuries. Still TT and MM deserve blame.

Edited by JaireAlex

10 minutes ago, JaireAlex said:

That is something about the NFL. It's hard to win. It's hard also to change an offense or defense. 2012 is really when things went south. The pretty air shows rarely get a team to the big dance, never win it. The greatest show on turf only one one and that was with a top D. They are fun to watch. It seems MM hasn't learned anything. He's doing the same thing in Dallas. And his pig headedness in GB was his worst attribute (but big egos run the NFL).

We should have fired MM in 2014 but they made it to the NFCC. Likewise, Pettine should have been fired for that mess he put together against San Fran in the NFCC. Good coaches never allow those things to happen. I hope Pettine has the best season of his career and takes an HC job next year.

Anyways, I just posted because I realized only today that Arod has been given less than any elite QB. Much less than Favre and even less than Marino: both surprising to me. Part of that were those rash of career ending injuries. Still TT and MM deserve blame.

I wasn't trying to be too argumentative, my point was just that there's plenty of things to **** on Mike for. He's an offensive minded coach and his offense is more than fine. It just felt weird for you to seemingly call that a mess.