Mike McCarthy is 2-6 with the Cowboys

PackGymRat

1 hour ago, pacman5252 said:

Dallas was putting up points when they had their full roster. MM’s issue just like here is picking out the right defensive mind

This is really what is going on in Dallas. Now they're down 2 QBs, but if Dak never got hurt, they would be a top 5 offense and a bottom 5 defense like many of the years here.

Mac's downfall has always been that he hires older coaches that he's coached with in the past instead of taking a risk on a young guy who's up and coming. Nolan's time has probably come and gone in this league, he should've never gotten that job.

10 hours ago, Pack2020 said:

1. Seems you haven't actually seen what the Bucks have done in the new arena in the first two years. Whole lot of winning. And the ring comes next season, under some at least somewhat normal conditions, not the glorified Summer League one off bubble the league did to finish off this season. 

Now, you want to talk about local fans not caring about a sports team unless they do well, that would be the Brewers. This team was in the 2018 NLCS and numerous times during that season you would have a few thousand if even that at home games. People "care" about the Brewers as an excuse to sit in the parking lot outside the stadium and tailgate. Bucks in just the last two years have had more sustained success than the Brewers. And that run of Bucks success isn't ending anytime soon, either. Go take a look at trades that are very likely scenarios to add one more piece to them.

But you don't even live here, so what would you really know? 

First of all, Giannis is a UFA after next season and I've seen plenty of what they've done. However, I am old enough and wise enough to know it won't last; just like when they had Cassell, Robinson, and Allen 20 years ago. In all fairness, I will definitely give you that Budenholzer is the right coach for that group and they have a lot of nice pieces, but they don't have a legit #2 like LeBron has Anthony Davis or like Steph Curry has a Klay Thompson or KD. Therefore the ring is NOT going to come because Giannis won't be able to get that #2 and given some of his more recent comments, it wouldn't surprise me if the Clippers sent Paul George(knowing he's not the answer in LA), a couple players, and a few first round picks for Giannis at the trade deadline because Giannis wants out...

Rhetorical question: weren't they supposed to be the overwhelming favorites to go to the Finals this year and maybe even beat LeBron?

I'd agree on the second emboldened line wholeheartedly; go out to the park, get drunk, yell random obscenities at the other team, then watch the sausage race. When I visit family north of Green Bay, I see a ton of Cubs, Bulls, and Blackhawks fans because many couldn't follow the Brewers pre-Fox Sports Net, but they got all the Chicago teams on WGN so they followed those teams; especially given that both the Brewers and Cubs were an statewide embarrassment in the 90's. Once Giannis is gone, Yelich gets sick of being the bridesmaid(read: the Yankees want him), those two pathetic franchises will return to the basement.  

Edited by Joe

50 minutes ago, Joe said:

Rhetorical question: weren't they supposed to be the overwhelming favorites to go to the Finals this year and maybe even beat LeBron?

Giannis is great but they were not a favorite, not according to people that know basketball.  Giannis is a regular season player, he has no moves when it matters.  Kris MIddleton has been the better clutch performer in tight games the last 3 years.

7 hours ago, pacman5252 said:

Dallas was putting up points when they had their full roster. MM’s issue just like here is picking out the right defensive mind

MM's issue is that the Joneses are never going to surrender personnel power in Dallas and will hamstring their team with bad contracts and bad drafts. 

Though Nolan is bad and that was incredibly stupid of MM.

7 hours ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

The type of coach Jerry Jones needs, is not one that will work for him.....Jones chose MM in part because of his pedigree, he has a SB ring as a HC....However, he also wanted somebody who he viewed as malleable and would bow to his (Jerry's) ego....

Mac changed a pretty long time tradition of filmed practices, which was the Jones' baby.. So its not like he has no back bone there

The issue is and will continue to be is McCarthy is too loyal for his own good. And if he honestly wants to save any face... he would fired Mike Nolan the second they aren’t able to win the division.

McCarthy’s only hope too is to get focus on creating a coaching factory were young talented play callers (offense and defense) come to Dallas to get exposure to get their HC jobs.

I feel like he would be a great CEO type HC. But if he is going to do that... he can’t be loyal to a fault like he is/has been.

1 hour ago, HighCalebR said:

Ha wut

Jerry Jones wants to be known as a competent football executive, and won't be content until he is seen in the same light as a Jimmy Johnson....By doing this means he will steal the thunder from any coach leading the Cowboys....If that doesn't demand tolerance, I don't know what does....

31 minutes ago, Norm said:

So not yet?

Yeah... because knowing mike and likely the management, they aren’t doing anything until it’s clear they are out of the division race.

If they lose to the eagles I would do it then. But they might be stubborn and wait until they are mathematically out.

1 hour ago, Green19 said:

Yeah... because knowing mike and likely the management, they aren’t doing anything until it’s clear they are out of the division race.

If they lose to the eagles I would do it then. But they might be stubborn and wait until they are mathematically out.

Ohhh I misunderstood ya.. Yeah he should be gone already. I don't understand how there's any point in keeping him.