Mike McCarthy is 2-6 with the Cowboys

PackGymRat

On 10/26/2020 at 4:17 PM, Striker said:

MM's issue is that the Joneses are never going to surrender personnel power in Dallas and will hamstring their team with bad contracts and bad drafts. 

Though Nolan is bad and that was incredibly stupid of MM.

I want to agree with this, but Mac isn't the issue here. Injuries coupled with a necessary change in culture, coupled by an obvious poor decision for DC is what has put them there. I think you write this entire year off for Mac; it isn't his fault other than one poor decision.

1 hour ago, Norm said:

MLF is mccarthy. We might as well hire him and Nolan after they're fired. Would be no difference

How is MLF like MM?

MM runs the old 90’s West Coast Offense that is pass first and downplays importance of the run.

MLF runs a variation of lasted trend in NFL offenses with the running game as the centerpiece.

MLF was 13-3 in his first season and 5-2 in a pandemic season with a defense that has one legitimate WR compared to MM that had stacked offenses in his time at GB. This loss was on the defense not MLF.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, PackGymRat said:

How is MLF like MM?

MM runs the old 90’s West Coast Offense that is pass first and downplays importance of the run.

MLF runs a variation of lasted trend in NFL offenses with the running game as the centerpiece.

MLF was 13-3 in his first season and 5-2 in a pandemic season with a defense that has one legitimate WR compared to MM that had stacked offenses in his time at GB. This loss was on the defense not MLF.

I like that you took time to give a serious answer to that.

but you missed the point, I was venting about keeping Pettine's garbage *** like Mike did with capers. History is repeating if we don't end this soon.

Edited by Norm

1 minute ago, Norm said:

MLF is MM until he fires Pettine. Deal with it.. They both will have the same results. Early playoff exits while never fixing the issues.

I don’t know how much power MLF holds in the Murphy/GM power scheme. It is not a traditional power sharing organization.

That being said MLF had a chance to clean house when he was hired and didn’t do so. Missed opportunity.

I agree 100% with your point about early payoff exist point. Defense has cost this team championships and will continue to cost this team.

1 hour ago, PackGymRat said:

I don’t know how much power MLF holds in the Murphy/GM power scheme. It is not a traditional power sharing organization.

That being said MLF had a chance to clean house when he was hired and didn’t do so. Missed opportunity.

I agree 100% with your point about early payoff exist point. Defense has cost this team championships and will continue to cost this team.

I just have so little faith now that Pettine can turn you'd D around. Offense can only do so much. ****ty spot to be in as fans

Edited by Norm

10 minutes ago, Norm said:

I just have so little faith now that Pettine can turn you'd D around. Offense can only do so much. ****ty spot to be in as fans

I been complaining about Pettine since 2018. I literally see a younger fatter dom capers.

The issue is....is it the scheme or are Packers failing to get players that fit the scheme (draft/FA) or are the Packers not able to coach the players to adhere to the scheme.

Whatever it is Pettine isn’t the answer anymore. This defense has checked out. Previous defenses sucked but would be turnover machines that helped mask some of the weakness until the playoffs, but this defense the only bright spot is the Smiths (or one of them actually).

• 2 weeks later...