Week Four Recap: Falcons Flop, Packers Fly

mikebpackfan

12 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

All 22, Beers, and Thoughts.

If the first two plays of this game is any indication, Keke can be THAT dude. Gonna be a great second half of the season for the guy. bet. after more plays i stand by thi.

Not worried about Savage being good. Clicking on his keys, once the head starts coming around to the ball he'll really take off.

Deguara, big glue guy. Not gonna miss many big "plays" this year, IMO, but a real "do your job" dawg.

King made 40 his ****** on a couple run plays.

Echo the statement of Patrick needs to hit the pine.

Dillon still bouncing things when he should get the shoulders N-S and be the ram. Might have to get Eddie George on the phone for a motivational speech.

MVS > Ginn JR. which is good.

I'd like to see Malik jump Shepherd for PT. he's got a little juice. 

Jamaal Williams is my dude.

Josh Jackson can go on and git.

Yall are crazy, I'm paying Bakh and you can't stop me.

Whoever tf #45 is REFUSES to be beat to the EZ on kickoffs.

Appreciate the thoughts but has Dillon bounced any run play before this game?

4 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

That was a major knock in practice per MLF

You're absolutely right. Another problem I heard about on a local radio station here in Eau Claire was that Dillon was "running too high," and they wanted him to bend more and "run behind his pads." Not sure that the need to run at a lower angle is a documented issue for him, however.

4 hours ago, Gypsy1027 said:

You're absolutely right. Another problem I heard about on a local radio station here in Eau Claire was that Dillon was "running too high," and they wanted him to bend more and "run behind his pads." Not sure that the need to run at a lower angle is a documented issue for him, however.

Pad level. Wouldn't be an issue if MM was still coach. Just sayin...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mikebpackfan said:

I just remembered to check out the all-22 on the MVS 1st down catch that ESPN forgot to show. He dropped it!

https://imgur.com/gallery/GIFTQhz

He didn't drop it. He had both feet down in bounds with possession of the ball. 

The wrong call there was that he got hit helmet to helmet and the ref didn't call it. 

Edited by AlexGreen#20

As regards 500 point club. Defense wins. Very very few exceptions. So few, you can study the handful of outliers.

Aaron has had the worst defenses of any premier QB since Marino. Compare any other to him. Here's Favre:

Years of top 10 defense (in yrds or pts).

Favre (Reggie White was GOAT)

2009 (Favre with Vikings)

Aaron
2009 (Shootout in the desert. That Defense was depleted in the playoffs.)
2010 (arguably #1)

The 2014 defense was better than the numbers esp in the playoffs, but the 2009 defense was not good down the stretch. So it evens out. Favre had 9 years of top 10 defense though Dallas was a ridiculously stacked team through 1995. Outside 2009, 2010 and 2014, ARod had nothing. Some of that was injuries (Collins, Woodson, Tramon, Shields were devastating). Some was ineptitude by coaches (2014 to 2017) and TT. This should be Pettine's last year imo. He has 5 blue chips (3 now and 2 developing) and a good cast and has no excuse not to be top 10.
Edited by JaireAlex

6 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

He didn't drop it. He had both feet down in bounds with possession of the ball. 

The wrong call there was that he got hit helmet to helmet and the ref didn't call it. 

I didn’t notice the helmet to helmet, but that should not be a catch, IMO. I don’t know how to post video or I would. 

He was instantly hit and instantly lost the ball.  I would have been pissed if I were on the other side of that call (and it turned out to be important, this one turned out not to be important, anyway). 

1 hour ago, mikebpackfan said:

I didn’t notice the helmet to helmet, but that should not be a catch, IMO. I don’t know how to post video or I would. 

He was instantly hit and instantly lost the ball.  I would have been pissed if I were on the other side of that call (and it turned out to be important, this one turned out not to be important, anyway). 

He didn't instantly lose it. He had it, had two feet and his butt down, and the CB pulled it out as he rolled over him.

54 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

He didn't instantly lose it. He had it, had two feet and his butt down, and the CB pulled it out as he rolled over him.

The rules have been tweaked so often it's hard to keep track. The last Cliff Notes was that the receiver had to retain possession while going to the ground--as in the ground can't cause a fumble but it can cause an incompletion. You bring up a marvelously gray area, though. How long must a receiver have possession of a catch while going to the ground before a defender's stripping the ball away becomes inconsequential to a completed pass?