Week 5 GDT - Miami Dolphins at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

1 minute ago, showtime said:

Yeah, but their QB is back.  How does that explain 37-14 vs a team that won't make the playoffs?  I just assumed it was Fitzpatrick playing like Superman or something.

Jimmy got benched because he's still injured.

Yeah, but their QB is back.  How does that explain 37-14 vs a team that won't make the playoffs?  I just assumed it was Fitzpatrick playing like Superman or something.

Jimmy was playing injured and basically on one foot. 

Plus all out starting corners are hurt, started a practice squad guy who hadn't played since 2018....and it showed. 

Just now, showtime said:

We are missing 4 of 5 our top 5 corners. The dude who started this week I think we picked up this weekend. In less than a half, he gave up over 100 yards in the air, 2 touchdowns and had 40 + penalty yards, I believe. 

Jimmy has a high ankle sprain and clearly wasn't ready to come back. At least that's what I have to assume was the case for the performance he put on today. It had to be an injury caused mechanical issue. 

No Dee Ford, No nick Bosa. DJ Jones got hurt at one point..not sure if he ever came back. Ronald Blair is still out. 

Offensive line is atrocious. I mean, it's missing Richburg, and that hurts, but it's nowhere near the cause of this disaster. Laken Tomlinson just can't play this year. McG dropped a bunch of weight this off season and legitimately looks like a tight end out there and is just getting destroyed. This team should be giving legitimate thought to benching him. Daniel Brunskill is not a guard, but we keep trying to play him there. 

Jimmy is not healthy. Regardless, even when he was healthy (Cardinals), he wasn't any good either. 

Also, we called up a CB from the PS and he was literally targeted relentlessly for 3 straight drives (all TD's) before he was mercifully benched. 2 turnovers led to two separate Dolphins FGs. 

We can't pressure & we can't cover. This is also due to injuries - our 2 top pass rushers & top 3 CB's are all out. However, we did better against Wentz. Its a "Fitzmagic" day

Just now, showtime said:

Oh, didn't know that Jimmy G got pulled out.  I was looking up infor on the game and someone on Twitter put out a misleading Tweet.  He made it sound like Jimmy G got benched due to playing poorly, not because he was hurt.

He was throwing ducks because he couldn't drive on that bad ankle. He still made some poor decisions though. 

3 minutes ago, showtime said:

We're on 4th, 5th string corners. Without two of our best defensive linemen. Defensive regression was inevitable. The offensive drop off a cliff is highly concerning. We're nicked there, but offensive line and quarterback play has been vile.

2 minutes ago, showtime said:

Oh, didn't know that Jimmy G got pulled out.  I was looking up infor on the game and someone on Twitter put out a misleading Tweet.  He made it sound like Jimmy G got benched due to playing poorly, not because he was hurt.

Oh, he definitely played like crap lol

But I have to believe a piece of that is attributed to his injury. He couldn't do anything on his leg mechanically 

5 minutes ago, showtime said:

We are playing our 5th corner who wasn't even on our original 53 man roster and he has gotten torched. Miami went right after him and did not let up. 

Garoppolo isn't healthy and doesn't trust the garbage OL we have. 

Horrible horrible QB play for us the last two weeks 

Just now, SoCalNiner said:

Yikes, Dak just broke his ankle. 

RIP my fantasy team

It must be bad...this is the gamecast info. It never says this

(6:46) (No Huddle, Shotgun) D.Prescott up the middle to NYG 18 for 9 yards (L.Ryan). DAL-D.Prescott was injured during the play. He is Out.

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

RIP my fantasy team

It must be bad...this is the gamecast info. It never says this

(6:46) (No Huddle, Shotgun) D.Prescott up the middle to NYG 18 for 9 yards (L.Ryan). DAL-D.Prescott was injured during the play. He is Out.

His foot was pointing in a different direction than the rest of his leg.