Week 5 GDT - Miami Dolphins at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

1 minute ago, Aussie9er said:

Woke up and saw the score. WTF 

Might of made best decision of the year instead of getting up at 4am to watch it decided 3 hrs more sleep was a much better idea. 

Is it worth watching or should i just find something else to do for 3 hrs ?

If you can slowly rip out your fingernails for three hours, I'd probably recommend that as a less painful option

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Shanny and lynch going to be the first HC / gm to check out after getting paid. Albert Haynesworth of coaches and execs lol

We all know CJ & Witherspoon aren't good. But they ended up playing anyway due to injury/ineffectiveness. I doubt practice was any different than the game, so it can't be a surprise to anyone. 

To me, it reeks of desperation. Normally, this is the kind of desperation move a coach on the hotseat makes to save his job, since when healthy, Jimmy is obviously better. But since Shanny & Lynch are coming off a SB season and contract extensions, to me this feels like a desperation move to save the season. Since, believe it or not, it only gets harder from here...

We probably lose today no matter what though. Its a shame how bad the OL has regressed. We weren't this bad even when Skule was our LT

Edited by 49ersfan

1 minute ago, 49ersfan said:

We all know CJ & Witherspoon aren't good. But they ended up playing anyway due to injury/ineffectiveness. I doubt practice was any different than the game, so it can't be a surprise to anyone. 

To me, it reeks of desperation. Normally, this is the kind of desperation move a coach on the hotseat makes to save his job, since when healthy, Jimmy is obviously better. But since Shanny & Lynch are coming off a SB season and contract extensions, to me this feels like a desperation move to save the season. Since, believe it or not, it only gets harder from here...

We probably lose today no matter what though. Its a shame how bad the OL has regressed. We weren't this bad even when Skule was our LT

Oh, they are 100% out of answers. They've got nothing. Too many injuries. There is nothing they can do. I'm sure it's frustrating. Shanny didn't seem like he trusts any of the players at this point either

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Shanny and lynch going to be the first HC / gm to check out after getting paid. Albert Haynesworth of coaches and execs lol

What do you mean check out? Like they’ll be mailing it in for the rest of the year? I can see that but I think they’re going to be coming back again next year. I don’t think I’m a homer, but I really think those two have done a lot to bring the talent level of this ream to elite levels.

I do think we’re at a pretty big series of cross roads. Most notably, QB. If we keep playing like this, we’re going to be a lock for top 10 and we’re going to push top 5. That sounds bad but this happens to teams sometimes. Is what it is. If we’re even half as injured as we currently are I think we’re sitting at 4-1

• Like 1

I watched on delay until halftime. When Jimmy was pulled I figured that was enough. This is the worst home loss I remember since the 49ers played the Bills in 2004. The entire team, including the coaching staff seemed completely checked out. Injuries have killed the team, but more than that this team just isn't focused even with the talent they have. I'm very disappointed. I'm afraid this collapse is just going to permeate the rest of the year. The loss against the Dolphins might have just broken the spirit of the team. I'm curious to see how they respond against LA. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, John232 said:

What do you mean check out? Like they’ll be mailing it in for the rest of the year? I can see that but I think they’re going to be coming back again next year. I don’t think I’m a homer, but I really think those two have done a lot to bring the talent level of this ream to elite levels.

I do think we’re at a pretty big series of cross roads. Most notably, QB. If we keep playing like this, we’re going to be a lock for top 10 and we’re going to push top 5. That sounds bad but this happens to teams sometimes. Is what it is. If we’re even half as injured as we currently are I think we’re sitting at 4-1

I was joking about mm basically calling them out as opposed to the team after they just signed new deals. They aren't checking out. But shanny hasn't had a good year, and you can argue on whether the front office has. So its funny in that sense like a player having a huge year in their contract season and then never being good again

8 minutes ago, Aussie9er said:

Question i have to ask are we going to be bad enough to get our qb in the draft and how many other teams are going to be looking for one too ?

Maybe. I don't know what to do with Trey Lance at this point. We won't pick high enough for fields or Lawrence

Someone else about summed up the offensive line: 

LT: Williams is old and coming off 2 years of not playing, he is not an upgrade from Staley.

LG: Tomlinson was/is an inconsistent guard who is just average.

CE: Garland is average but a backup for obvious reason.

RG: Brunskil is awful at guard, too tall to win the pad level game and lacks the brute strength to makeup for it

RT: Mike is a replacement level player, already had strength concerns then spent 2020’s quarantine playing golf and lost 20 lbs, now he can’t anchor, Is too tall to move his feet with speed rushers, arms are too short to win the hand fights, and he’s too weak to handle the most mild of bull rushes

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Are you just joking around? Shanny and Lynch built a Super Bowl contending team from garbage and they really should have won it all things considered. Not sure how this team is expecting to compete with everyone on IR.