GDT: Bills (4-0) at Titans (3-0)

Titans fan 617

3 minutes ago, The BILLievers said:

The Bills have run 4 WR sets more than any team in the NFL this season so I expect that to keep up. Our running game and power O offense has been nonexistent so i don't think you'll be seeing that. Thru the first 4 weeks the Bills have become a pass first team and I can see why with the improvement of Josh Allen, a great pass blocking OL, and having Stefon Diggs/John Brown/Cole Beasley and a underrated rookie WR4 in Gabe Davis. 

I think it'll be a battle and I'll go with 28-20 Bills. Praying no more COVID tests pop up and the game get cancelled.. although I'm seeing reports that teams could now forfeit if they break protocol? who knows but heres to no injuries and no covid positives. 

I fully expect to be torched since our secondary is a mess assuming Adoree is out, but that’s still the best-case scenario for us. We will have to play two-deep all game because of the corner situation and are missing arguably our two best run defenders due to Covid.

I don’t think we can hold you guys under 35 regardless, but a full spread attack is probably our only real hope since it opens up the possibility of turnovers and at least the chance that we can dominate TOP with Henry. I’m in no way optimistic, but that’s probably our only path to a win given the disaster we’re going to field defensively.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, The BILLievers said:

The Bills have run 4 WR sets more than any team in the NFL this season so I expect that to keep up. Our running game and power O offense has been nonexistent so i don't think you'll be seeing that. Thru the first 4 weeks the Bills have become a pass first team and I can see why with the improvement of Josh Allen, a great pass blocking OL, and having Stefon Diggs/John Brown/Cole Beasley and a underrated rookie WR4 in Gabe Davis. 

I think it'll be a battle and I'll go with 28-20 Bills. Praying no more COVID tests pop up and the game get cancelled.. although I'm seeing reports that teams could now forfeit if they break protocol? who knows but heres to no injuries and no covid positives. 

What is good is that we have had 2 weeks to prep for the Bills. And one of there best defenders in Milano may not play. The Bills defense has been looking real exposable in these last two weeks. I think we need a turnover or two this week that turns into points. Josh Allen has been great but is known to make some head scratching plays. We really need to get Henry going early with slow methodical drives to keep our d and that offense off the field. It will not be easy, but I believe we can win this game.

8 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

What is good is that we have had 2 weeks to prep for the Bills. And one of there best defenders in Milano may not play. The Bills defense has been looking real exposable in these last two weeks. I think we need a turnover or two this week that turns into points. Josh Allen has been great but is known to make some head scratching plays. We really need to get Henry going early with slow methodical drives to keep our d and that offense off the field. It will not be easy, but I believe we can win this game.

Agreed with the 2 week prep time.. but at the same time, if they haven't been at the facility in a week and only have Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday to practice with 9 players not playing because of COVID that is more of a disadvantage in my opinion.

Yeah the Bills D has been all over the place. In the 1st H against the Rams we held that O to 3 points then sucked in the 2nd. Against the Raiders we let up points in the 1st half but completely shut them down in the 2nd half. The talent is there on the defense but they haven't put a full game together yet. 

19 minutes ago, Justin615$ said:

I expect this to be bad lol : (

Yeah, if the injured players are back and we get three days of practice, I might be able to convince myself we have a chance by Sunday. But right now, I’m just hoping we avoid injuries/virus and get most of the Covid players back for Houston with a chance to get to 4-1.

Diggs is a monster that we can’t cover even with Adoree.  Beasley is a very good complementary player to Diggs in being able to get open on the intermediate routes.  Allen helps it all by being elusive to escape the rush.   With out Simmons and Jones I don’t know how we can get pressure and containment enough to prevent our secondary from being threaded.   Our O should  be okay and if we’re lucky we can score first use a lot of clock and get a lead and stay ahead.  Keeping the game 1 score is key we have to stay in touch so we have a chance of using a long drive late to win the game or ice it. We also need to find a bend not break defense this week if we get TD’s and they get FG’s well that would help

Edited by quiller

Yeah I don't think this is a game for us to be optimistic about considering the player losses, lack of practice, and potential loss of conditioning.

One good thing about our defense being trash this year is that we're not alone. 13 teams scored over 30 in week 4. 

The Bills threw 46 times against the Jets. That's surprising as I can't imagine the Jets were even in that game. Prior to last week I saw a chart with the Bills as one of the highest play-action teams, yet they're passing far more often than running. It must be exciting to have your team embrace modern football instead of "establishing the run" out of 22 personnel.

12 minutes ago, Justin615$ said:

Just give us the L and let's try again next week

I agree with this but does this mean the Bills get a W? How do you handle this because if I am competing with them for positioning in the AFC I would have serious issue with that.

25 minutes ago, 615finest said:

If this game happens I don’t expect a win at all. Top WR not 100%, WR 2&3 on the covid list. Top CB might not be back, Fulton on covid list. Best defender on the covid list.

this whole thing has been a s**** show.

There’s just no way that Adoree can play coming off of a month with no practice. Even if he’s healthy.

Not having Cory is a huge blow to the offense.    Bills should be able to play man on man against our WR.. making it easier to bring their safeties to help with the run but we still might have play action to our TE group which has been rather good. Smith can get down field okay.