GDT: Bills (4-0) at Titans (3-0)

Titans fan 617

4 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Yeah I'm not sure what's up with Evans. He's looked really bad in space this season.

He just can’t cover & doesn’t have instincts in zone coverage.  I’ve been saying it day 1. He’s good in the run game when you keep him free doesn’t shed blockers well. He’s good when we’re calling plays that allows him to attack downhill. Him an Adoree kinda are the same, their weaknesses you put them in zone, were they’re forced to play on there heels & toes & think, their toast however let em play free, man, an aggressive they flash 

Call me crazy but I don’t think the titans pick up Evans option season end, May let him play out his rookie deal & hopes he develops in a contract yr, & also I don’t think we resign Jayon. I think, we’ll draft jayon or Evans replacement round 1-3. Reason I say this is because the salary cap gets tight & you want to keep guys that are cornerstone players, playmaker, when the money gets tight. Jayon is solid food cover corner but he can be replaced easily. Were as Jonnu & Corey Davis of he continues to stay healthy & flash are big pieces. & who would you rather have Clowney or Jayon, jayon or Landry.

2 hours ago, titans0021 said:

The Correa situation is just so weird. I won’t exactly be bummed about losing him, but still, so weird that he was just entirely removed from the rotation. Must have had a truly terrible camp.

I never really rocked with him anyway. He flashed last year but i was weary with him the moment we traded for him. teams dont give up on 2nd rounders after two years unless they are really bad. i think they wanted him to be an ILB in Baltimore but he wasnt good at it. he came out of college as a pass rushing OLB but he clearly doesnt have the athleticism, strength or technique to win on the edge in the NFL.he literally has been just a guy out there this year.  with the addition of beasley, who's the superior player, this move isnt suprising.

35 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Call me crazy but I don’t think the titans pick up Evans option season end, May let him play out his rookie deal & hopes he develops in a contract yr, & also I don’t think we resign Jayon. I think, we’ll draft jayon or Evans replacement round 1-3. Reason I say this is because the salary cap gets tight & you want to keep guys that are cornerstone players, playmaker, when the money gets tight. Jayon is solid food cover corner but he can be replaced easily. Were as Jonnu & Corey Davis of he continues to stay healthy & flash are big pieces. & who would you rather have Clowney or Jayon, jayon or Landry.

its a lil early for that man. let the season play out. this time last year people felt the same way about adoree, but he turned his play up toward the end of the year and into the playoffs and had his option picked up.. drive slow homie.

58 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

He just can’t cover & doesn’t have instincts in zone coverage.  I’ve been saying it day 1. He’s good in the run game when you keep him free doesn’t shed blockers well. He’s good when we’re calling plays that allows him to attack downhill. Him an Adoree kinda are the same, their weaknesses you put them in zone, were they’re forced to play on there heels & toes & think, their toast however let em play free, man, an aggressive they flash 

Nah he looked good last year. What we're seeing this year looks more like poor angles than anything else. He's not a good cover guy but he is worlds better in space than Avery Williamson like you keep comparing him to lol. He also has a lot more range than Williamson.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, titans0021 said:

The Correa situation is just so weird. I won’t exactly be bummed about losing him, but still, so weird that he was just entirely removed from the rotation. Must have had a truly terrible camp.

It is weird for him to want a trade too. He isn't exactly a sack machine. We got him for what a 6th grounder? or something like that. What does he think his value is? Be lucky to get an 7th for him. 
Proof that winning isn't the main thing for everyone. I get it though. Wants to contribute more. Just not exactly someone that has lit it up. 

3 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Nah he looked good last year. What we're seeing this year looks more like poor angles than anything else. He's not a good cover guy but he is worlds better in space than Avery Williamson like you keep comparing him to lol. He also has a lot more range than Williamson.

yeah he's never been good in coverage but i'm not even talking about that. he's been horrible tackling this year which is a new development.

2 hours ago, TitanRedd said:
1 hour ago, -Hope- said:

yeah he's never been good in coverage but i'm not even talking about that. he's been horrible tackling this year which is a new development.

He’s been horrible tackling this yr because our run defense sucks by that I mean guys aren’t eating up blocks. He’s a LB that’s a tackling machine if you keep him clean to make plays & not shed blocks. That’s why he’s missing tackles 

1 hour ago, TitanSS said:

For the Adoree segment. Adoree was never trashed even when we would have discussions on who’s the best corner on our team, half the forum would side Logan, & half would throw Adoree Under the bus, but if you look at it Adoree never been a bad corner he doesn’t make plays on the ball but he always been a solid cover corner. Back to Evans I compare him to Williams more so because he’s his successor. And so far I just don’t see what he has done that Williams wasn’t doing. Yes he’s faster than Williamson, but he can’t cover & not a beast in the run defense as Williams was. Williams could shed blocks & was a sure tackler. Evans struggles getting off blocks & isn’t a sure tackler. I understand we’re fans & want to see our guys succeed but truth be told though he’s had his moments he hasn’t even been as good as Zach Brown. 

4 hours ago, titans0021 said:

Yeah it's pretty strange, especially considering our depth currently.

1 hour ago, TitanRedd said:

For the Adoree segment. Adoree was never trashed even when we would have discussions on who’s the best corner on our team, half the forum would side Logan, & half would throw Adoree Under the bus, but if you look at it Adoree never been a bad corner he doesn’t make plays on the ball but he always been a solid cover corner. Back to Evans I compare him to Williams more so because he’s his successor. And so far I just don’t see what he has done that Williams wasn’t doing. Yes he’s faster than Williamson, but he can’t cover & not a beast in the run defense as Williams was. Williams could shed blocks & was a sure tackler. Evans struggles getting off blocks & isn’t a sure tackler. I understand we’re fans & want to see our guys succeed but truth be told though he’s had his moments he hasn’t even been as good as Zach Brown. 

Wasn't talkin about Adoree. Williamson was so bad in space that he absolutely needed to be off the field on 3rd down. Evans isn't a cover guy, but he's nowhere near as lost in space as Williamson and has the range to get to the sideline. Williamson was nothing more than a tackle to tackle thumper, and yeah, he was good at it. I don't recall Brown ever being good until he left the Titans. He was just really fast.

Evans definitely isn't playing to the level that we want him to, but the point is to find someone who can play the run and not be a requirement that they leave the field on 3rd down. That's why there's no harm in losing Williamson. Evans taking a step backward instead of forward definitely isn't a good sign and I wouldn't expect us to pick up his 5th year option as you mentioned. I want him succeed, but he needs to build off of what he did last year and not regress.

I've never looked at our pass defense and thought to myself that Rashan Evans needs to be taken off the field. Maybe he's already off the field and I don't notice it live, but to my knowledge that's not the case. I definitely don't want him out wide on a fast RB or matched up on Kelce, but he's sufficient.

Edited by TitanSS