GDT: Bills (4-0) at Titans (3-0)

Titans fan 617

17 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Apparently Bills fans on Twitter (stressing Twitter, not FF) seem to think the NFL has been favoring us here and that the league has left them disadvantaged and I’m just so lost.

I understand that the questions about whether the game would be played were probably frustrating, but assuming it takes place tomorrow, they ended up with two extra days of practice and time to get healthy to play a team missing a quarter of its roster that has practiced once in two weeks. And, when they win, it has to potential to be a huge tiebreaker at the end of the year.

They also now get to have a pretty normal week to prepare for the Chiefs rather than a Thursday night game. The only disadvantage I can even see argued is that the Chiefs get an extra two days, but given that massive list of questionables, I would guess that pushing the Chiefs game back four days is probably helpful.

Short of just a straight up forfeit win, I’m not sure the league could’ve been any more fair to them here.

Again, it's the mindset that I want the game NOW. It was supposed to be played yesterday, GIVE IT TO ME NOW!
"Don't give them more time to get ready, they don't deserve it."

That's the vibe around not only us, but Patriots too. 
I don't see how the 2 days hurts them and like you mentioned they know for certain their other game has been moved to a Monday night. Still primetime and better suited for them again. More rest.

Give me a break to those fans. 

11 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Again, it's the mindset that I want the game NOW. It was supposed to be played yesterday, GIVE IT TO ME NOW!
"Don't give them more time to get ready, they don't deserve it."

That's the vibe around not only us, but Patriots too. 
I don't see how the 2 days hurts them and like you mentioned they know for certain their other game has been moved to a Monday night. Still primetime and better suited for them again. More rest.

Give me a break to those fans. 

I have sympathy for the Steelers and Broncos, who have lost their bye. If this game had been moved (or if we have a test tomorrow and it gets cancelled), I’d have plenty of sympathy for the Bills for spending nine days preparing for a game that didn’t happen.

But they have like a dozen questionable players that now had an extra two recovery days for this game and will have four extra recovery days for the Chiefs.

I get it. I’d be looking for a free win too. But overall, it just worked out really well for them. About as fair as it could have, as long as the game is played obviously.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I have sympathy for the Steelers and Broncos, who have lost their bye. If this game had been moved (or if we have a test tomorrow and it gets cancelled), I’d have plenty of sympathy for the Bills for spending nine days preparing for a game that didn’t happen.

But they have like a dozen questionable players that now had an extra two recovery days for this game and will have four extra recovery days for the Chiefs.

I get it. I’d be looking for a free win too. But overall, it just worked out really well for them. About as fair as it could have, as long as the game is played obviously.

Yeah. I saw White didn't even practice last week, so I'd think for them give me all the time you can give me.

It's not even just the fans on Twitter that are that stupid. Some of the journalists are writing articles with suggested punishments as if we had been cheating every game the last 15 years because the players held a workout literally one day after the facility closed, as if that was what caused the outbreak. 

Most of them are just very ignorant with no desire to gain knowledge as to what actually happened. They just want us to forfeit and stop messing up their football. Whether or not anything is fair to the Titans is not of their priority. The want the W and they want to move on.

5 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

It's not even just the fans on Twitter that are that stupid. Some of the journalists are writing articles with suggested punishments as if we had been cheating every game the last 15 years because the players held a workout literally one day after the facility closed, as if that was what caused the outbreak. 

Most of them are just very ignorant with no desire to gain knowledge as to what actually happened. They just want us to forfeit and stop messing up their football. Whether or not anything is fair to the Titans is not of their priority. The want the W and they want to move on.

And the DB workout took place on the same day of the facility closing according to Kuharsky.

I've never seen so many people revert to trying to get a free win so quickly. lol

My enthusiasm for the season has been tampered severely but I never would want a free win just cause. I'd rather see some football. They'd seemingly be ok with 5 games played and then crowing a Super Bowl champ.

12 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

And the DB workout took place on the same day of the facility closing according to Kuharsky.

I've never seen so many people revert to trying to get a free win so quickly. lol

My enthusiasm for the season has been tampered severely but I never would want a free win just cause. I'd rather see some football. They'd seemingly be ok with 5 games played and then crowing a Super Bowl champ.

I can understand fans saying things like that. Twitter absolutely takes up the mob mentality and jumps to extreme conclusions on everything.

The journalists who jumped there with them... I just immediately blocked them. One guy suggested we forfeit our entire season because we had people catch a virus in a global pandemic. Just moronic.

Then again, Skip Bayless is paid to be on T.V. and he is an intelligent person who purposely says incredibly ignorant things because it causes people to watch for some reason, so maybe there's something to writing ignorant articles.

Edited by TitanSS
  • Like 1

Whatever we are SOOOO CLOSE to getting TITANS football. Its been a rough road and no one expects or wants us to win which is why I think if the game is played we show up and win.

I hope our 1st play is a PA deep ball to Raymond lmao. Idk I'm just ready for some football

TUESDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL! And hopefully we can get things back to normal tho I don't like having to play Houston in 5 days but hopefully we will be 100% but who knows

I am crossing my fingers AJ plays.. we really need his settling presence to help free up the other receivers. Getting Jones back is huge..  

it will be interesting though I really really wish we had Adoree back but man Lewis and Landry... you have to make a difference..