What is your opinion on Jay Cutler

Ty21

He's an arrogant prick and if you ask most former Bears, especially the defensive guys they would have told you that.  I recently saw a video of Devin Hester being interviewed and he said the same thing pretty much.

I'll admit thought that he wasn't really given a great supporting cast for most of his time here, and could have ultimately been better had management done a better job of adding offensive talent around him, but he also had his opportunities too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Talented but pig-headed and not a natural leader. With a better franchise he may have had a ton of success, but he couldn't elevate the parts around him. Chicago basically sabotaged him for years before he was just done. 

He never would have had "a ton of success". Let's keep it real.

36 minutes ago, DABEARSLCF04 said:

Love the guy.

tenor.gif

11 hours ago, topwop1 said:

I'll admit thought that he wasn't really given a great supporting cast

He had a great supporting cast in Denver and still made the same mistakes as he did here. He was never a good QB. But Bears fans looked at his stat sheet of 4,000 yards and went hay wire like it was a new years parade.

This is why I was one of the very few  people on this site at the time that kept telling you guys to stop overrating him and being prisoners of the moment. 

11 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

He never would have had "a ton of success". Let's keep it real.

Ton of success doesnt mean HoF. Averaging 25 TDs and 4000 yards isn't out of the question with a good cast, and that's better than any QB we've seen in Chicago. Do that for 8-10 years and yes, that will win a lot of games and he'd be top 20 in passing TDs and yards.

I'd say that's a lot of success to have. 

• Like 1