Week 5 GDT: Giants @ Cowboys

minutemancl

Well, the offensive playcalling improved. Run game did fine. We have an OK defense. Fackrell, Martinez, and Bradberry are all delivering.

Daniel Jones isn't. He's playing backup-level football. The officiating was monumentally bad, but any way you slice it this is the third close game he's failed to win for us.

Of course, those came at the hands of a Giants offensive line that has still failed to turn things around. Daniel Jones was under pressure on 19 of his 35 dropbacks on the day. That’s an absurd rate that few quarterbacks in the NFL would be able to operate behind.

That's from PFF.  It's impossible to fairly evaluate Jones given these circumstances. 

But yea, another classic Giants loss.  My wife was all excited for me when the Giants were up 14 - 3 early in the game.  I just flat out told her - the Giants are still going to lose this game.  I've grown quite cynical.  But what really impressed me is how they managed to lose it in regulation.  Given the circumstances, I thought for sure they'd at least get it to overtime.  Ha!

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Gmen said:

That's from PFF.  It's impossible to fairly evaluate Jones given these circumstances. 

But yea, another classic Giants loss.  My wife was all excited for me when the Giants were up 14 - 3 early in the game.  I just flat out told her - the Giants are still going to lose this game.  I've grown quite cynical.  But what really impressed me is how they managed to lose it in regulation.  Given the circumstances, I thought for sure they'd at least get it to overtime.  Ha!

Remember when you were boasting about Gettleman’s ingenuity last year?