2018: Tennessee 12 @ Buffalo 13
2015: Buffalo 14 @ Tennessee 13
2012: Tennessee 35 @ Buffalo 34
2011: Tennessee 23 @ Buffalo 17

- Buffalo has won 3 of the last 5
- Road teams have won 4 of the last 5 
- 3 of the last 5 games have been a 1 point victory

Same faces, new places:
OG Quinton Spain: Spent first 4 years of his career in Tennessee. Started 16 games at LG last year for Buffalo
CB Breon Borders: Currently on Titans PS. Spent 2018 camp with Bills.

Fun Facts:
Josh Allen and Sean McDermott are 2-0 against the Titans in their career
Bills LB Ty Dodson and TE Dawson Knox went to separate high schools within 20 miles of Nissan Stadium. 
Bills OC Brian Daboll (WR Coach) and Titans HC Mike Vrabel (Starting LB) were both in New England together from 2001-2006 

Bills Stats:

Per Sal Capaccio
OFF
Yds/gm - 4th
Yds/play - 5th
Rush yds/gm - 28th
Rush yds/play - 29th
Pass yds/gm - 2nd
Pass yds/play - 2nd
PTS - 5th (30.8)

DEF
Yds/gm - 20th
Yds/play - 21st
Rush yds/gm - 8th
Rush yds/play - 16th
Pass yds/gm - 27th
Pass yds/play - 18th
PTS - 17th (25.0)

Analysis:

In the last two meetings, both teams have relied on the run game and playing strong defense. That really has been the identity of both teams under their respective HC's. This season is off to a vastly different start. The Titans did not play last week due to COVID but in weeks 2 and 3 they scored over 30 points. The Bills have scored 27, 31, 35 and 30 in their 4 wins. The defenses for both teams seem to be non existent at times and that is a theme seen around the league. 

Josh Allen is playing at an MVP level and the addition of Diggs has been everything the team, fans and city wanted and more. Singletary continues to show off his elusiveness, often making the first guy miss in the open field.  Getting the run game going should be a focal point this week with the Titans allowing a league worst 5.8 YPC. John Brown and Cole Beasley picked up where they left off last year and really round out the receiving unit. The Bills OL has been shuffled a little bit each week but Cody Ford looks to be locked in at LG now. Winters if healthy will start at RG until Jon Feliciano returns from injury. Quinton Spain will go if Winters is unable to play. Dawkins and Daryl Williams are locking down the tackle spots. On defense, the Bills came on big in the second half last week allowing just 3 points until less then a minute left in the game. Josh Norman looked solid in his first game action. Matt Milano being hurt is worrisome as he is the teams best LB right now. Edmunds needs to step it up big time. The run defense was much better against the Raiders. They'll need another performance like that against Henry this week. 

On the other side of the field the Bills will see an offense that could cause some problems for them. Henry is a beast and can easily take over the game both running through the defense and keeping the offense off the field. That will also allow the play-action game to get going with AJ Brown and Jonnu Smith as weapons in the passing game. I don't know which players could be out for the Titans due to COVID or injury so I will reserve judgment on their defense for now. 

Back to back road games is never easy so the Bills could come out a bit sluggish in this one. However, for literally the first time in my life, I have confidence that the offense is good enough to win any game and score enough to keep us in it. If our defense plays like they did in the second half last week, or the first half against the Rams, Buffalo may win by two scores. For now, I'll say we pull out a tough AFC battle by one score. Bills 28, Titans 23

Joshallen Buffalo GIF - Joshallen Buffalo Bills GIFs

Day 2 of all negative test results for the #Titans

NFL_2020_2021_Titans.png
per sources. This means the team can get back to practice at the facility on Wednesday and the game against the Buffalo #Bills in Nashville is as scheduled. Great news for everyone.

Edited by soflbillsfan
  • Like 1

I would like for the NFL to start announcing the options because Titans can not just have another bye week and the bills have to switch theirs. Forfeiting the game is a bit egregious for the titans so that leaves a week 18 possibility but the nfl has yet to issue whether or not this is an option. 

3 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

They need to extend the season a month to be able to flex these games, IMO

That involves the NFL Owners to come up with a proposal and then giving it to the NFLPA in order for players to vote on that and what does that entail with contracts. As easy and great as that sounds at a fans prospective I dont think it is possible as there is to much red tape and everything is so dang political. 

I read from Dan Grazianno saying that the NFL is investigating the Titans. (My understanding is that the NFL had placed rules in prior to the season for COVID, this is me not Dan about the rules). Dan is saying if an investigation shows any proof that there was an illegal work out with players while the facility was closed due to COVID issues then that team will forfeit the game. If not then the game can be postponed to a later date. I think this is the right call if it happens.

Also Bills notified the media that practice will be played outside today as a precaution since a Raider player had tested positive.