Week 5 GDT: Bills (4-0) @ Titans (3-0)

Trentwannabe

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

IMO Titans should be forfeiting both week 4 and week 5.

big debate on this in the nfl news forum. It hurts everyone other then the titans. It is something that is difficult to do. I get covid outbreaks can happen then it would be a league issue but the complete disregard of the standards/guidelines that were put in to play before the season should be punishable. Some say a fine and draft pick but to me this isnt a crowd pumping noise, or deflategate this is putting the risk of the entire season in to jeopardy. Honestly only thing is to sanction them big time stop the season right now let everything happen where people are isolated and following guidelines get the titans organization under control and start back up. If you do anything else to it some team will complain of a disadvantage. 

3 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

big debate on this in the nfl news forum. It hurts everyone other then the titans. It is something that is difficult to do. I get covid outbreaks can happen then it would be a league issue but the complete disregard of the standards/guidelines that were put in to play before the season should be punishable. Some say a fine and draft pick but to me this isnt a crowd pumping noise, or deflategate this is putting the risk of the entire season in to jeopardy. Honestly only thing is to sanction them big time stop the season right now let everything happen where people are isolated and following guidelines get the titans organization under control and start back up. If you do anything else to it some team will complain of a disadvantage. 

I’ve tried to follow along with it. I can see both sides of the argument. I don’t see any of this ending well or we’ll perceived.

14 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

I’ve tried to follow along with it. I can see both sides of the argument. I don’t see any of this ending well or we’ll perceived.

Yes it is unfortunate. I know this wouldn't happen but in my opinion the game should be postponed to week 18. If other teams have covid out breaks and need to reschedule and follow proper protocols then the Bills play titans on Week 18, however they lose their 1st round pick in 2021 for violating these rules. If no other teams are scheduled for week 18 then the titans automatically forfeit the game and the playoffs stay on schedule. Again I doubt this would be allowed in any way but I thought that would keep things fair. I am sure other teams in the AFC will think of it differently.

Rapoport is saying that the game is likely not going to happen.

Mortenson is saying if Bills dont play they dont get a pay check this week. How is it the Bills players are being punished for a Titans mess up?

Russini saying the game may be played on Monday or Tuesday pushing the KC game to Saturday. Again another move that messes with the Bills and not the Titans, just dont see how this is acceptable.

Edited by soflbillsfan

On the one hand I realize were are in a pandemic, and these things happen. If all the protocols were being followed and this outbreak happens, you do your best to try and contain it my isolating and quarantining.

Problem is a few players thought it would be ok to practice at a high school and get a workout out in. Even if they NFL did not exclusively say not to do that (they shouldn't have to). They obviously missed the whole point of them being locked down from their facility. It might of come from a place of "not letting down the team by being unprepared" and getting a practice in, but you are letting down THE LEAGUE by breaking protocol and potentially putting others at risk. Either the players didn't care, or the issues being explained to them WHY this was happening was not clear, and falls down to the coaching staff.

For this latter reason this needs to be taken care of with no thoughts on how it impacts the Titans, because either a subgroup of players didn't care (get your house in order) or the coaching staff failed to get across the severity of what was going on.

I feel like the Titans should have to forfeit the games against the Steelers and Bills (if things don't clear up in time) the Team should be fined, and those players who held the workout at the high school should be forced to be placed on the covid 19/reserve list and forfeit the rest of the years salary.

Edited by Maxmw22

16 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

To me this says hey titans you make a mistake other teams will pay for it. Days of uncertainty for the bills players on whether they will play this week or not and if they do then the Chiefs get 2 more days to prep and rest/practice then the bills do. Awesome congrats on the NFL screwing over the wrong team here. I get it, its a pandemic but when you break the protocols of not wearing masks in the facility, not practicing typical social distancing by removing and turning off the bands that were given to detect the players around you that are in close proximity, not notifying the team doctors of symptoms, then follow up with not just 1 illegal practice but multiple illegal practices. 

There is a difference if an outbreak happened when following protocol then I get the issue at hand and the NFL has to deal with but come on this is blatantly disregard of the NFL and NFLPA agreement on guidelines and protocols. Bills nor any other AFC team should suffer for these major issues that the front office and coaching staff are incapable of pushing while in the facility and out of the facility making it clear under no circumstances to meet with players when a player test positive. You also cant chalk up to they are kids because they arent Ryan Tannehill is 32 and has a child he should know better to follow proper procedures and not be the one to gather these people for a workout