Bucs Release DE Jacquies Smith

bucsfan333

7 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

maybe give Freeney a call, Im not sure.  No way Licht goes with this depth at DE for the rest of the year, unless they use a lot more 3-4 packages, which they havent  shown much of this season.

We wouldn't need as many LBs in a 3/4 front.

2 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I guess there are a couple of options in the trade market.  It would not be surprising to see the Nines and Browns open for business in the trade market.

I saw Aaron Lynch as an option. But that was just someone throwing out names.

5 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I saw Aaron Lynch as an option. But that was just someone throwing out names.

Well, Lynch is a free agent at the end of the year, who at least has shown some ability.  With the Browns, Garrett is returning, I have read maybe Nate Orchard could be available.   I liked him coming out of Utah.  Something is up during the mini bye, IMO. 

A few minutes of googling didn't bring up any notable names on the trade block other than Jarvis Landry. Which would be sweet if we weren't stacked at WR. But I don't see any DEs.

Orchard would give us some speed. And he's got 3/4 experience. He missed most of last year. I wouldn't mind kicking the tires for a fifth or so. 

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/nate-orchard?id=2552299 - Sounds exactly like Noah Spence. icon_lol.gif

7 hours ago, sryan66611 said:

Orchard hasn't developed with the Browns but it looked like he got better during the pre season the game I saw he had like 2 sacks and some nice stops..  I don't remember what game it was maybe the one vs. us??

He only played three games last year. That certainly didn't help.

Archived