2K20: Game #5 - Las Vegas at Kansas City

onejayhawk

I have been waiting a while to Write that line. It is so right that the Raiders now go home to Vegas. It will be the first game of a two game week. 

Opening line on the game is 12 pts, with an O/U of 55.5. 

Injurywise, the Raiders have G Ritchie Incognito and rookie CB Damon Arnette on IR. The Chiefs have rookie CB L'Jarius Sneed on IR but have Bashaud Breeland returning from suspension.

The Chiefs move up to #2 in teh NFL in points allowed at 17.5 per game (Colts are #1 at 14 P/G)

Tommy Townsend has moved into the top five in yards per punt. His 60.8 yards-per-punt average in game #4 is the best ever recorded in a single game by a Chiefs punter.

Factoid. CBS showed this stat Monday during the game. The Chiefs have scored a touchdown on 50% of their drives starting inside their own 10-yard line since Mahomes took over as QB. The NFL average is 15%.

J

Edited by onejayhawk
  • Like 1

With only one Raider and no Chiefs players testing positive, there is no reason it should not take place.

FBO has updated for the Monday games. The Chiefs D made the top five for the first time in several years. The offense (#4) was also top five but the ST were dead last. Overall, the Chiefs are #2, with TB #1. The Raiders are #25, Offense #10, Defense #30, ST #22
https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/nfl/team-efficiency/2020

After this game is the Thursday showdown with the still unbeaten Buffalo Bills.

J

10 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

I would not be. The precautions are pretty extensive and the only known infected player who saw action is Gilmore. As often as they test, Gilmore may not have been contagious yet. 

We'll see. After the Bills game, things slow down significantly. 

J

sorry, but if he tests positive - he's contagious ... and may have been days before.

Probably even more so, as German research shows that highest volume of viruses may be present just before symptoms show.

However - transferring it is a completely different thingy  ... so ... fingers crossed ... as it is all we can do.

• Like 1

No one said anything about symptoms. If he had any, he would not have been playing. Every player is tested on a schedule. Since there was a player testing positive, most likely it's every day. There is good reason to believe the test caught it before it became contagious.

J

Here is an article about Taco Charlton. The first thing the writer does is note that TC has made a lot of plays in limited snaps. In view of that fact a 5th round rookie, Michael Danna is taking snaps from him, it begs the question why? For Danna's part, he is no consolation prize. For a rookie he's very good, but he has fewer plays in more snaps. Why?

I don't know the full answer, but perhaps it's the small things. Danna sets the edge very well. Tanoh Kpassagnon earned a starting position by controlling the edge. Watch the playoffs. Teams were much more effective running at Chris Jones, no surprise, but generally not effective running off right tackle. Indeed, teams were not effective at all, despite the Chiefs' porous reputation. Does Taco leave his role and chase too much? Are the TFL and pressures enough to offset?
https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2020/10/08/kansas-city-chiefs-taco-charlton-emerging-contributor/

In game four, we also saw more of Turk Wharton. For an UDFA this guy is an absolute stud. It will be interesting what he's like when he learns to play the position. Between Gay, Danna, Sneed and Wharton our defensive crew is massively more athletic now. Experience is key.

J

Good point on Danna,  I’ve been very impressed with his lateral agility.  Explosion hasnt paid off,  but he’s our best bet at keeping RB’s inside(sans Clark) 

I’d be more interested to see who was playing beside Taco on the running downs,   I don’t think he’s as good against the run,  but a lot of that depends if Pennel was beside him..   If it’s a situation where Taco is getting a majority of the reps without Pennel, he’s for sure going to get downgraded(Pennel just seems that good against the run, everyone else improves).  

I kind of get the feeling Spags is game planning these DE’s( sans Clark/Tanoh) on the opponent we’re facing.    Danna is going to get most of the reps if teams will really test the edge and Taco gets if the offense doesn’t show much of a threat with speed.

I am super excited to have Danna/Turk in the DL rotation moving forward though. 

I won't print the whole injury list, but Chris Jones was full participant.

No new COVID cases. I am hoping the situation was handled.

Bashaud Breeland is back, but Fenton might remain the starter. Ward, Fenton, Breeland are a solid rotation. The Raiders are #7 in FBO's pass offense rankings, but the Chiefs are #1 in pass defense. The Raiders are also very pass heavy, ranking #29 in rush offense.
https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2020/10/08/kansas-city-chiefs-rashad-fenton-bashaud-breeland-who-starts-in-week-5/

Fenton had a big game against the Patriots and gets some nice props in this Craig Stout article. The entire defense has come a long way. 
https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2020/10/8/21506218/chiefs-defense-week-4-film-review-maximizing-opportunities

J

I feel like our depth on defense has quietly just become absurd. Just, seeing posts about Wharton and Taco and Fenton and Thompson playing well so far, and realizing that they're all like 4th at their position group on our D. It's honestly incredibly exciting. Even when we had great defenses back in the early Sutton days, it always felt like each position group was one injury away from falling apart because the depth was garbage.

• Like 1

From what I understand from a current NFL release the Bills-Titans game has been moved to Tuesday if it is played at all. The Chiefs game would then be moved to "later that weekend".

However, it looks like the game will stay on Thursday if the Bills-Titans bout is cancelled of postponed even further.

RB Washington promoted to the active roster, taking the slot vacated by Kemp's release. Breland still is on Commish exemption. Thus we'll see an additional cut before the game - unless they go without him for one more week.

Kemp is back to the PS.

5 hours ago, KC_Guy said:

From what I understand from a current NFL release the Bills-Titans game has been moved to Tuesday if it is played at all. The Chiefs game would then be moved to "later that weekend".

However, it looks like the game will stay on Thursday if the Bills-Titans bout is cancelled of postponed even further.

The Chiefs Bills game has been moved to Sunday. Otherwise the Bills would be playing two games in three days. 
https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/titans_bills_bills_chiefs_games_moved_due_to_tennessee_covid_19_outbreak/s1_13132_33047567