Rodgers needs to sneak

skibrett15

If he sneaks, he's a better QB.  He needs to tell lafleur to cram it if that's what's stopping them from running QB sneaks.

That's it, that's the thread.

Team is bad in short yardage because they refuse to use the single best play in the history of the game for the situation.

15 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

If he sneaks, he's a better QB.  He needs to tell lafleur to cram it if that's what's stopping them from running QB sneaks.

That's it, that's the thread.

Team is bad in short yardage because they refuse to use the single best play in the history of the game for the situation.

he did already earlier this year for the first time in years

• Like 2

Maybe someone can explain this to me, why on 4th and goal or other situations that may involved short yardage situations, ie 3rd and inches, 4th and inches, etc. Why line up in shotgun or something other formation when you gotta give the ball to the RB who is already 4-5 yards away? 

11 minutes ago, dwaye50327 said:

Maybe someone can explain this to me, why on 4th and goal or other situations that may involved short yardage situations, ie 3rd and inches, 4th and inches, etc. Why line up in shotgun or something other formation when you gotta give the ball to the RB who is already 4-5 yards away? 

K.  So I hate that formation too, on the goalline, but....

If you line up in the gun you can use motion to stretch a defense out...and you can pitch the ball out to get an edge.  There's a lot you can do, run and pass wise, while being back there.  I think it is actually better for a QB to be back there, it just gives him more options.

I don't like it either, but I think that is the thought.  And I have no issue with the play call that was stuffed.  If that was Aaron Jones, he bounces that thing to the right for a very easy score.  Williams just tried to "tough" it into the endzone.

In the end, I want to keep that formation and it's concepts, but also build a package around a power run game with Dillon back there.

And it's different when you are in a goalline situation versus a 3rd and short or 4'th and short with more field to defend.

2 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

Don’t like the idea of Aaron barreling head first into any defensive line he’s just not big enough nor durable enough to be doing that with any sort of regularity. 

Hasn't Tom Brady done it like 8 trillion times?

How many QBs have ever been hurt on sneaks? Are there any notable examples? I honestly don't know.

• Like 3

Just now, Norm said:

Hasn't Tom Brady done it like 8 trillion times?

How many QBs have ever been hurt on sneaks? Are there any notable examples? I honestly don't know.

Tom’s a pretty big dude. 6’5” 220ish last I checked? Something around there I’m sure. 

Honestly I can’t think of any one example of a QB suffering a serious injury going for a sneak but that surgically repaired collarbone of his still concerns me. 

• Like 1

If we are in the damn Ice Bowl, sneak away.  Otherwise you would think the offensive braintrust that can scheme wins with Cinderella stories could come up with some short yardage plays that work.  I get that it's basically mano e mano in there, but we have to design some plays that work to our strengths and cover our weaknesses.  Might just be as simple as trusting AJD to do what he was born to do.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, vegas492 said:

And it's different when you are in a goalline situation versus a 3rd and short or 4'th and short with more field to defend.

this is when the sneak is best.  you just stick your hand over the goal line over the top of the center.

sneak should be a read on every short yardage play, and should be the playcall on almost every goal to go from the 1.  Bring in the backup if you have to.