Rodgers needs to sneak

skibrett15

5 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

this is when the sneak is best.  you just stick your hand over the goal line over the top of the center.

sneak should be a read on every short yardage play, and should be the playcall on almost every goal to go from the 1.  Bring in the backup if you have to.

Taysom Hill’s signature move.

9 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

this is when the sneak is best.  you just stick your hand over the goal line over the top of the center.

sneak should be a read on every short yardage play, and should be the playcall on almost every goal to go from the 1.  Bring in the backup if you have to.

Very much agree.  Goal line is different.

I like how the shotgun gives us more options, but I hate handing it off out of the gun.  Running back has to wait for the ball, then run.  If it's a called run, get under center, look at the sneak.  If it isn't there, take the snap and let the running back get a running start at the LOS.  That's my complaint, the lack of momentum for a run on the goal line out of the gun.

But still, that play that was stuffed was a walk in TD for Jones if he were in there.  The bounce to the right was there, Williams just tucked his head and tried to power his way in there.

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

The bounce to the right was there, Williams just tucked his head and tried to power his way in there.

for sure.  That's also what I expect he is suggested to do on 4th and goal from the 1: don't get cute just try to slam it in.  Same for Dillon.  Now, Jones has more leeway because he's a different type of back.

10 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

for sure.  That's also what I expect he is suggested to do on 4th and goal from the 1: don't get cute just try to slam it in.  Same for Dillon.  Now, Jones has more leeway because he's a different type of back.

He sure is.  He's scored a lot of TD's down there by bouncing.  Williams could have done it, it was that open, he just didn't see it.  And I do not fault him for that.

I do fault the staff, though.  It's fourth down.  No reason not to have your best RB in there for that play, unless he was injured or sucking oxygen on the sideline.  Which may have been the case, who knows.  

18 hours ago, Refugee said:

If we are in the damn Ice Bowl, sneak away.  Otherwise you would think the offensive braintrust that can scheme wins with Cinderella stories could come up with some short yardage plays that work.  I get that it's basically mano e mano in there, but we have to design some plays that work to our strengths and cover our weaknesses.  Might just be as simple as trusting AJD to do what he was born to do.

I-formation with Deguara as the FB. We've got the OL to run block, that's not the question IMHO; the question is why aren't we using our plethora of H-back TE's to punch a bigger hole with the IOL to create lanes off A-gap?

• 1 month later...