2021 Draft Thread

John232

3 minutes ago, XScutterX said:

Why do you think Kyle and John went to the Alabama pro day? They wanted to watch some Alabama QB throw to their new RB.

In all seriousness, with the reports that they would have taken Clyde Edwards-Helaire at 31 last year, I could see them trading up for Harris or Etienne. They'll need to surround their new Schaub/Kirk with all the offense talent they can get.

I would hope they've learned by now that they get more production out of UDFAs and cast offs than they do with high-dollar RB's. 

There much better offensive weapons available in the second than any of the RB's.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, XScutterX said:

Why do you think Kyle and John went to the Alabama pro day? They wanted to watch some Alabama QB throw to their new RB.

In all seriousness, with the reports that they would have taken Clyde Edwards-Helaire at 31 last year, I could see them trading up for Harris or Etienne. They'll need to surround their new Schaub/Kirk with all the offense talent they can get.

100 percent we are using Mac as the cover for Harris. I fully expect us to trade up into the first for Harris.

1 hour ago, 49erurtaza said:

100 percent we are using Mac as the cover for Harris. I fully expect us to trade up into the first for Harris.

I could see the trade up for a RB especially how this team is about trading up for players they fall in love with. 

This coaching staff has shown they can turn UDFA RBs into good plug and play RBs. I am interested to see what they could do with a top level RB talent. Remember the early McVay-Gurley days before his knee crapped out? Niners could not stop him.... 

Edited by XScutterX

3 minutes ago, XScutterX said:

I could see the trade up for a RB especially how this team is about trading up for players they fall in love with. 

This coaching staff has shown they can turn UDFA RBs into good plug and play RBs. I am interested to see what they could do with a top level RB talent. Remember the early McVay-Gurley days before his knee crapped out, Niners could not stop him.... 

We kept all our picks for a reason, is Harris really the guy? I haven't really took a look at him been focusing at QB, Corner and Edge. And if you think about it our running backs have been as injuried as Jimmy. Maybe Kyle is sick of it lol.

Edited by 49erurtaza

7 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

There is no way this is accurate. Most people can't come across selecting a TE with a top 5 pick, let alone doing so while giving up 2 more first picks. That would mean a larger return for Pitts than what was paid for Mack, Ramsey, Tunsil, Adams, etc. in the non QB category.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, XScutterX said:

....maybe i'm crazy, but that doesn't actually sound too far fetched to me 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NinerNation21 said:

I would hope they've learned by now that they get more production out of UDFAs and cast offs than they do with high-dollar RB's. 

There much better offensive weapons available in the second than any of the RB's.

They definitely have not. IF we hadn't traded up to get Aiyuk last year, the pick was going to be CEH according to MM. Shanny can't help himself. 

Most people know my stance on running backs, but I really think that second round pick is going to be a weapon, and if Harris is there (I know Y2 like Etienne there) I'm......kinda........not.....mad at it? Like...I wouldn't be up in arms about it to be honest at all 

Jacques - I am ashamed on Make a GIF

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Forge said:

They definitely have not. IF we hadn't traded up to get Aiyuk last year, the pick was going to be CEH according to MM. Shanny can't help himself. 

Most people know my stance on running backs, but I really think that second round pick is going to be a weapon, and if Harris is there (I know Y2 like Etienne there) I'm......kinda........not.....mad at it? Like...I wouldn't be up in arms about it to be honest at all 

Jacques - I am ashamed on Make a GIF

I love Javonte Williams.. I'd take him over Etienne for sure and maybe even Harris

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Why do I have this weird feeling that if he falls into the 25+ area, we are going to trade up for him?

Because Shanahan seems to believe he needs to have top talent for his running game to get even stronger instead of going the cheap route with late round/udfa pick-ups making it already good.