2021 Draft Thread

John232

2 hours ago, Geek said:

If much rather have a CB in the second and a guard in the 3rd than a RB in the 1st. But as long as Kyle doesn't mess up the Fields pick I won't be that upset.

Corner makes the most sense to me. I just have this weird feeling we go offense.

That being said, we've met with both Farley and newsome, so corner is clearly on their mind

12 hours ago, Forge said:

Corner makes the most sense to me. I just have this weird feeling we go offense.

That being said, we've met with both Farley and newsome, so corner is clearly on their mind

And both those dudes are more zone guys than man guys.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, JIllg said:

And both those dudes are more zone guys than man guys.

Oh I think Farley can evolve into a very capable press-man guy. He's just so raw and undisciplined. Technical refinement would do wonders for the physical gifts he already possess. 

That's why I'm crossing my fingers Sherm comes back for one more year. Any young CB(s) getting to learn from Sherm for a year would do wonders for their maturation and development. 

My slot WR list is getting very deep for this draft, but guys on the outside as a deep threat or Bourne replacement is grossly thin. 

What receivers do you like on the outside? 

For me, Nico Collins and Dyami Brown are the two I like the most on the outside. 

2 hours ago, NinerNation21 said:

My slot WR list is getting very deep for this draft, but guys on the outside as a deep threat or Bourne replacement is grossly thin. 

What receivers do you like on the outside? 

For me, Nico Collins and Dyami Brown are the two I like the most on the outside. 

For me, Scary Terry is getting criminally overlooked. Horrid QB play for several years and opting out after 3 games last year, trying to play through a injury has plummeted his stock. But for my money, he's one of the best talents in the draft@WR.

I also like Dez Fitzpatrick and Seth Williams.

38 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

For me, Scary Terry is getting criminally overlooked. Horrid QB play for several years and opting out after 3 games last year, trying to play through a injury has plummeted his stock. But for my money, he's one of the best talents in the draft@WR.

Who is Scary Terry?

9 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

Who is Scary Terry?

I’m guessing Terry Tamorrian (probably slaughtered his last name) from FSU. HWS guy from what I’ve seen but also a great gunner on STs from what I gather.

4 minutes ago, GW21 said:

I’m guessing Terry Tamorrian (probably slaughtered his last name) from FSU. HWS guy from what I’ve seen but also a great gunner on STs from what I gather.

Sure enough, his name is Tamorrion Terry. lol. I'm assuming this is who @757-NINER is referring to. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

Damn, I think this guy would be a great fit for the back end of the roster because he can fill a few roles for us

1) Seems to be an amazing gunner. The type of gunner you can not out kick. our punter has a huge leg but has chosen to get a lot of air and do weird spin on the ball most of the time. We dont see him really unleash one very often. We just signed a guy from Arizona who is supposed to be a great gunner as well. Having two guys that are top flight gunners while also having a great punter can be a major weapon, especially when you pair it with a great defense to play the field position game. 

2) Deep threat. If we do the sensible thing and draft fields, we will need more deep threats. This guy has incredible length and long speed. I like the burst he shows once he sees a seam. He definitely has that other gear he can go to. Great length and speed is a deadly combination down the field. With Fields as our QB, having a 4th WR/Special teamer who can come in fresh for a play or two and run deep to keep a safety honest would be fantastic. Fields has an incredible deep arm and goes for the kill shot. I love that. (How tf can you pass on that?)

He has a lot to work on. His routes are a bit stiff and I think for that reason he would deviate from the type of WR that kyle has gravitated towards over the past couple of years. Reminds me a bit of metcalf in a sense. He is good when he has the ball in his hands and has deceptive speed - no one seems to be able to run with him. so hes someone you can snag late, get work out of him while he is on his rookie deal, and maybe he can grow into someone you give a second contract to. If not, you still got value out of him and he wasnt just a lottery ticket. 

Edited by N4L
  • Like 1

49ers Pre-Draft Interviews

The following interviews were conducted virtually. Conversations can't last more than an hour, with no more than five with a single player. There is no limit to the number of phone conversations a team can conduct with prospects.

• LB Anthony Butler, Liberty (virtual, TDN)
  • CB Caleb Farley, Virginia Tech (virtual, NBCSBA)
  • RB/WR Demetric Felton, UCLA (virtual, TDN)
  • WR/TE Jacob Harris, UCF (virtual, TDN)
  • RB Najee Harris, Alabama (virtual/phone, ESPN)
  • RB Javian Hawkins, Louisville (virtual, TDN)
  • RB Jermar Jefferson, Oregon State (virtual, TDN)
  • OT Teven Jenkins, Oklahoma State (virtual, TDN)
  • TE Brevin Jordan, Miami (virtual, TDN)
  • CB Deommodore Lenoir, Oregon (virtual, TDN)
  • K Evan McPherson, Florida (virtual, TDN)
  • QB Davis Mills, Stanford (virtual, The Athletic)
  • WR Dax Milne, BYU (virtual, TDN)
  • WR Rondale Moore, Purdue (virtual, TDN)
  • CB Greg Newsome II, Northwestern (virtual, TDN)
  • LB Amen Ogbongbemiga, Oklahoma State (virtual, Houston Chronicle)
  • LB Azeez Ojulari, Georgia (virtual, NBSBA)
  • S Jordyn Peters, Auburn (virtual, TDN)
  • QB Peyton Ramsey, Northwestern (virtual, Houston Chronicle)
  • CB Asante Samuel Jr, Florida State (virtual, TDN)
  • S Jamien Sherwood, Auburn (virtual, TDN)
  • S Jacoby Stevens, LSU (virtual, TDN)
  • DL Darius Stills, West Virginia (virtual, TDN)
  • WR Eli Stove, Auburn (virtual, TDN)
  • WR Kadarius Toney, Florida (virtual, ESPN)
  • TE Tommy Tremble, Notre Dame (virtual, TDN)
  • OL Alijah Vera-Tucker, USC (NBCSBA)
  • WR/KR Connor Wedington (virtual, TDN)
  • DB Avery Williams, Boise State (virtual, TDN)
  • DB Trill Williams, Syracuse (virtual, TDN)
  • Like 1