2021 Draft Thread

John232

8 hours ago, Forge said:

49ers Pre-Draft Interviews

The following interviews were conducted virtually. Conversations can't last more than an hour, with no more than five with a single player. There is no limit to the number of phone conversations a team can conduct with prospects.

• LB Anthony Butler, Liberty (virtual, TDN)
  • CB Caleb Farley, Virginia Tech (virtual, NBCSBA)
  • RB/WR Demetric Felton, UCLA (virtual, TDN)
  • WR/TE Jacob Harris, UCF (virtual, TDN)
  • RB Najee Harris, Alabama (virtual/phone, ESPN)
  • RB Javian Hawkins, Louisville (virtual, TDN)
  • RB Jermar Jefferson, Oregon State (virtual, TDN)
  • OT Teven Jenkins, Oklahoma State (virtual, TDN)
  • TE Brevin Jordan, Miami (virtual, TDN)
  • CB Deommodore Lenoir, Oregon (virtual, TDN)
  • K Evan McPherson, Florida (virtual, TDN)
  • QB Davis Mills, Stanford (virtual, The Athletic)
  • WR Dax Milne, BYU (virtual, TDN)
  • WR Rondale Moore, Purdue (virtual, TDN)
  • CB Greg Newsome II, Northwestern (virtual, TDN)
  • LB Amen Ogbongbemiga, Oklahoma State (virtual, Houston Chronicle)
  • LB Azeez Ojulari, Georgia (virtual, NBSBA)
  • S Jordyn Peters, Auburn (virtual, TDN)
  • QB Peyton Ramsey, Northwestern (virtual, Houston Chronicle)
  • CB Asante Samuel Jr, Florida State (virtual, TDN)
  • S Jamien Sherwood, Auburn (virtual, TDN)
  • S Jacoby Stevens, LSU (virtual, TDN)
  • DL Darius Stills, West Virginia (virtual, TDN)
  • WR Eli Stove, Auburn (virtual, TDN)
  • WR Kadarius Toney, Florida (virtual, ESPN)
  • TE Tommy Tremble, Notre Dame (virtual, TDN)
  • OL Alijah Vera-Tucker, USC (NBCSBA)
  • WR/KR Connor Wedington (virtual, TDN)
  • DB Avery Williams, Boise State (virtual, TDN)
  • DB Trill Williams, Syracuse (virtual, TDN)

Noticed Najee Harris is the only one to have both virtual AND phone

Theory; we went to Mac Jones pro day to scout Harris instead of Jones. Evidenced by the fact that there's 2nd pro days with both Fields & Lance where they'll run plays from our playbook so we didnt miss anything. Also, Shanny calls John Beck about Fields but didn't even bother to talk to Saban about Jones. 

My guess is if Harris slips, we trade up for him. Late 1st, early 2nd 

13 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Noticed Najee Harris is the only one to have both virtual AND phone

Theory; we went to Mac Jones pro day to scout Harris instead of Jones. Evidenced by the fact that there's 2nd pro days with both Fields & Lance where they'll run plays from our playbook so we didnt miss anything. Also, Shanny calls John Beck about Fields but didn't even bother to talk to Saban about Jones. 

My guess is if Harris slips, we trade up for him. Late 1st, early 2nd 

I don't know. I'm starting to think we end up trading up to the top of the 2nd and take Toney. He fits our offense so well and he can play both outside and slot. He's also a gifted returner.

Just now, NinerNation21 said:

I don't know. I'm starting to think we end up trading up to the top of the 2nd and take Toney. He fits our offense so well and he can play both outside and slot. He's also a gifted returner.

Yeah, I think if Toney gets past like 20 or 25, they'll be jumping at the bit for him. He can fill either Aiyuk's or Deebo's role as fill in when either is hurt, be the third wide receiver in those packages, and return punts and kicks. And allow the team to move on easily from Deebo when he's ready for his second contract. I don't think they'd pay Deebo that contract given his availability history.

10 minutes ago, JIllg said:

Yeah, I think if Toney gets past like 20 or 25, they'll be jumping at the bit for him. He can fill either Aiyuk's or Deebo's role as fill in when either is hurt, be the third wide receiver in those packages, and return punts and kicks. And allow the team to move on easily from Deebo when he's ready for his second contract. I don't think they'd pay Deebo that contract given his availability history.

Allbright also mentioned something about the coaching staff not being all in on Deebo, which was super surprising to me. 

14 hours ago, JIllg said:

Let's trade up in the third and take Rodgers. We can save the second round pick for someone else

This draft is super interesting.....

we will obviously draft QB with the #3 pick, then I have been reading a TON of people speculating a WR in the 2nd or 3rd.

....the reason this surprises me is that we used our earliest pick to upgrade the offense (even if it is for the future) and then we would use our next early round pick to upgrade our offense, even when our defense has a new coordinator and has some obvious needs.

one would think, if you were Shanny, that you would give all the help to ur new defensive coordinator that just took over and give them the pieces to succeed and take the hit on the offensive side because Shanny thinks he can compensate.

I am not saying that the draft is 100% defense after our QB, but I would expect the CB and/or EDGE to be addressed in the 2nd and/or 3rd. Then again, if an offensive weapon falls, I would understand. But we gotta give D. Ryan’s all the help he can get

Edited by P_locniners

2 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

R1 - Justin Fields

R2 - Asante Samuel Jr

R3 - Amari Rodgers

Good first 2 days of the draft?

Don’t hate it. I like the projection for Rodgers but I’d rather avoid receiver in the first 3 rounds, unless it was great value. 

40 minutes ago, John232 said:

Don’t hate it. I like the projection for Rodgers but I’d rather avoid receiver in the first 3 rounds, unless it was great value. 

Really? Day 2 is ideal for WR, IMO. Especially since some of our WRs spend more time on the bench than we would like. 

1 hour ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Really? Day 2 is ideal for WR, IMO. Especially since some of our WRs spend more time on the bench than we would like. 

I get it. But have ppl seen our CB room? We have a ton of guys on one year deals and no real legitimate talent to challenge for CB1 going forward. There is WR talent littered all throughout this draft. CBs start to tamper off after the second for me. I'd be really disappointed if we went in any direction other than CB in the second round.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

I get it. But have ppl seen our CB room? We have a ton of guys on one year deals and no real legitimate talent to challenge for CB1 going forward. There is WR talent littered all throughout this draft. CBs start to tamper off after the second for me. I'd be really disappointed if we went in any direction other than CB in the second round.

Okay, but there's round 3 as well on Day 2....🤨

18 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

Honestly all depends on who is available at out 2nd. If Farley, Samuel and Newsome are gone i have no problem waiting till our 3rd because i really don't thinkt he value is there outside of those three who really should be gone at that point.

• Like 1