2021 Draft Thread

John232

2 hours ago, Ftn49 said:

Hard to know without knowing whose been taken but your plan overall seems decent.  

Smith would probably be good pick at 5.28. Drew Dalman might be a decent guy to keep in mind somewhere.

Otherwise I'd say BPA of anything if there is an outlier or RB/CB/LB

Personally in this draft class there's two positions I think are being over-drafted. LB and C.

Every guy I like in a particular round gets snagged 20-50 picks earlier than the range I think he should be considered. Honorable mention to TE also. Value often hasn't worked out. 

1 (3) Justin Fields / QB
2(27) Richie Grant / S
4 (5) Kary Vincent Jr / CB
4(12) Hunter Long / TE
5(11) Robert Hainsey / OT
5(25) Cornell Powell / WR
5(28) D'Ante Smith / OL
5(36) Thomas Graham Jr / CB
7 (2)

Also, a random Niners curiosity. Tony Pauline is reporting Niners showing a lot of interest in Calvin Bundage. I'm curious why or what his fit is. 

He's a pass-rusher/LB listed at 220 lbs. With a big injury history to boot. Must be a UDFA curiosity I'm guessing. But I still don't know how they would plan to use him. Maybe at Will. Possibly at S but I don't think he's done it. Anyone have insight on that match?

Edited by RTTRUTH

1 minute ago, Justone2 said:

What happened?

Nothing, it's just purely physical traits. Sub 33 arms (hell, barely 32) going to make it really difficult on the outside. He's too thin and not strong enough to kick inside, and he's already 25 (or will be at start of season), so he's probably maxed physically. Seems like a bad combination with no recourse

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Nothing, it's just purely physical traits. Sub 33 arms (hell, barely 32) going to make it really difficult on the outside. He's too thin and not strong enough to kick inside, and he's already 25 (or will be at start of season), so he's probably maxed physically. Seems like a bad combination with no recourse

Oh i agree about all off that. There is a lot of guys i would try and mold over him in those middle rounds.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GW21 said:

Definitely could see it. He said we’ve been in pretty much constant contact with him. 

Same with Lance fwiw. My understanding is that there have been multiple zoom calls. Not sure if that applies to the other two or not

Just now, Forge said:

Same with Lance fwiw. My understanding is that there have been multiple zoom calls. Not sure if that applies to the other two or not

I hadn’t heard much about the QBs. I assumed we were probably talking with all of them. I know Najee specifically called out our contact when we moved up to 3 because he said that there was no way we were taking him at 3 (obviously). 

35 minutes ago, GW21 said:

Definitely could see it. He said we’ve been in pretty much constant contact with him. 

He is an absolute perfect scheme fit. He ran a lot of outside zone with alabama, surprisingly. 

Najee fits the mold of modern NFL three down back. We could line him up in the slot if we wanted to. 

He didnt get overworked in college like some other runners. Hes got a lot of tread left. 

Last year I was pounding the table for CEH. This year its Najee. At some point Kyle is going to spend a lot of draft capital on a running back. 

I have no issues in trading a future 2nd as a part of the package to move up to get najee. Bring that boy home to the bay!

11 minutes ago, Forge said:

Don't forget about the third round pick! 

Total investment for Mac Jones, 3 first round picks + 3rd

I wish I could forget.

The way Shanahan poured his heart out and gushed over Kirk Cousins a few weeks ago I should have just accepted he wasn't looking for a QB with elite physical traits.

Edited by Swift21