2021 Draft Thread

John232

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Yeah, for the most part. Douglas was asked to respond to Steve young's comments that the jets had met with Wilsons family and were fully committed to him and he responded, "Steve is pretty well connected there (byu)"

Still held out a little hope jets passed on him. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, adamq said:

I hope so. I'd rather have 1 or 2 of the later round RBs than trade up for Najee any day

I like Najee in that he's a very complete bad, some wonderful shimmy in his hips when he moves...but I don't think that he's as explosive as you'd want him to be. That may be nitpicking though. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, adamq said:

I hope so. I'd rather have 1 or 2 of the later round RBs than trade up for Najee any day

Khalil Herbert, Pooka Williams, Elijah Mitchell, Chris Evans, and Kene Nwangwu. These are guys I'd be cool with anywhere between 6th round to UDFA.

I'd also consider Michael Carter and Ken Gainwell in the 3rd or 4th.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

I like Najee in that he's a very complete bad, some wonderful shimmy in his hips when he moves...but I don't think that he's as explosive as you'd want him to be. That may be nitpicking though. 

It's not. He leaves some to be desired, but he also does some wonderful things that translates well to our offense. I wouldn't prefer him in the 1st, so I'm glad that the Steelers will take him early to get that thought out of Shanahan's head.

Edited by NinerNation21