Sign in to follow this  
John232

2021 Draft Thread

18 hours ago, Forge said:

It's a really interesting question on trading up. I'd be curious to see l hear how many people would be good with giving up this year's first + next year's first to get a qb like Wilson

I would in a second. I love Wilson. He's my draft crush this year.

• Like 2

Yeah, I would trade next years first too. At this point, I would be moving mountains to get him and cut any dead weight we can for whatever draft capital we can acquire. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Forge said:

It's a really interesting question on trading up. I'd be curious to see l hear how many people would be good with giving up this year's first + next year's first to get a qb like Wilson

I haven't evaluated Wilson yet, but if what I'm seeing on the occasional highlight accurately reflects his skill-set, I don't know that you'll be able to trade up and get him.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I haven't evaluated Wilson yet, but if what I'm seeing on the occasional highlight accurately reflects his skill-set, I don't know that you'll be able to trade up and get him.

All depends on where he goes and who's drafting where. If Fields goes before Wilson, there will be a shot. Cincy picks at number 3...I don't think that they trade down and lose Sewell, but there's an opportunity there. Dallas is picking 4. If they have Dak in the fold, they could easily trade down. Chargers / Giants / Dolphins are currently 6-8 and unlikely to take a QB (Giants would be the most questionable one and I don't think that they are doing that). So until we know the draft order or the swing has definitely gone Wilson > Fields, it has to be considered a possibility this early in the game. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

All depends on where he goes and who's drafting where. If Fields goes before Wilson, there will be a shot. Cincy picks at number 3...I don't think that they trade down and lose Sewell, but there's an opportunity there. Dallas is picking 4. If they have Dak in the fold, they could easily trade down. Chargers / Giants / Dolphins are currently 6-8 and unlikely to take a QB (Giants would be the most questionable one and I don't think that they are doing that). So until we know the draft order or the swing has definitely gone Wilson > Fields, it has to be considered a possibility this early in the game. 

I don't think there's anyway Fields goes ahead of Wilson. I just don't see it at this point. And if Lawerence doesn't declare, Wilson is the first QB off the board. He just looks better than the rest of the field from my eye test. Not close really.

I think we would be smart taking a QB later because all the guys after Lawerence & Wilson I would pretty much lump together. There's not a significant talent gap from a guy like Trask to a Costello for me so all the guys are pretty much in the same tier after those two.