2021 Draft Thread

John232

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

And he adjusted his scheme for RG3. This is why it is hilarious to think the team still can't contend next season with a rookie QB. There will be some growing pains but Shanny will scheme guys open and make it easy for the rookie. 

If we can get away with getting someone like Wilson for just our first this year and next,  I hope we shoot our shot. I know it's impossible to know, but teams like Atlanta and Philly could be open for business

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

If we can get away with getting someone like Wilson for just our first this year and next,  I hope we shoot our shot. I know it's impossible to know, but teams like Atlanta and Philly could be open for business

Atlanta is the team to trade up with. They are going to be on a min-rebuild but they can't really get rid of Ryan so they will want to accumulate as many picks as possible. 

• Like 1

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Atlanta is the team to trade up with. They are going to be on a min-rebuild but they can't really get rid of Ryan so they will want to accumulate as many picks as possible. 

That's what I'm thinking. Even if they traded him after next year, he'd still have the biggest dead money hit in history. A lot of people have been giving them fields because of the homegrown thing, but fields could go#2. 

I'm also watching who they hire. If they hire retreads, very possible they try to improve what they have as opposed plan for the future. #4 too early for edge help, so trade down makes so much sense

1 minute ago, Forge said:

That's what I'm thinking. Even if they traded him after next year, he'd still have the biggest dead money hit in history. A lot of people have been giving them fields because of the homegrown thing, but fields could go#2. 

I'm also watching who they hire. If they hire retreads, very possible they try to improve what they have as opposed plan for the future. #4 too early for edge help, so trade down makes so much sense

Which coaches have been linked to the Falcons anyways?

If we're looking for a QB who throws a deep ball with the amount of air time and touch as Wilson and Murray, then Lance is your guy. 

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Which coaches have been linked to the Falcons anyways?

If we're looking for a QB who throws a deep ball with the amount of air time and touch as Wilson and Murray, then Lance is your guy. 

Morris, EB, saleh. But sure who else

28 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

Does anyone have slot WR's or nickel corners they like? I want to start to dive into some. 

For slot WR's, I have on my list Dazz Newsome, Tylan Wallace, and Anthony Schwartz to look at. I don't have any nickels on my list to check out yet.

No to Schwartz. He isn't really a football player. Terrific track guy. Terrific top speed. Terrible drops, not so great agility, terrible with the ball in the air. I'm an Auburn fan and I dislike him as a college football player, much less a pro. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

Does anyone have slot WR's or nickel corners they like? I want to start to dive into some. 

For slot WR's, I have on my list Dazz Newsome, Tylan Wallace, and Anthony Schwartz to look at. I don't have any nickels on my list to check out yet.

Elijah Molden at corner. 

Shaun Wade is actually an excellent slot corner...don't let his struggles on the outside this year fool you. He's a slot corner or safety at the next level. 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

PFF has us trading #12 for Tua. Um, not sure how I feel about that. Didn't look great this season but flashed some games. Would prefer a bigger arm QB though. 

That's a hard no. We can talk about a second round pick, I'm not giving #12. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Forge said:

That's a hard no. We can talk about a second round pick, I'm not giving #12. 

I mean, my problem with him is that he's Jimmy G. His thing in college was terrific processing speed, mediocre release, just barely NFL viable arm strength. Amazing weapons. NFL quality running and evasion, maybe even a plus starter in that regard. With the processing edge he had in college being essentially eliminated by worse weapons and line play comparative to the opposition in the pros, he's Jimmy G with a slower release and better legs and a much better contract. I'd rather have Mac Jones after trading back and picking up picks. Similar uncertainties, better price. Plus, injury health. Which, please Cthulhu can we actually care about a bit?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JIllg said:

I mean, my problem with him is that he's Jimmy G. His thing in college was terrific processing speed, mediocre release, just barely NFL viable arm strength. Amazing weapons. NFL quality running and evasion, maybe even a plus starter in that regard. With the processing edge he had in college being essentially eliminated by worse weapons and line play comparative to the opposition in the pros, he's Jimmy G with a slower release and better legs and a much better contract. I'd rather have Mac Jones after trading back and picking up picks. Similar uncertainties, better price. Plus, injury health. Which, please Cthulhu can we actually care about a bit?

Exaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaactly. 

He's going to be fine on his rookie deal...and then likely an anchor or not a starter. I think that he can be as effective as Jimmy G, and while he's on a rookie deal that is worthwhile, but that's a short term marriage in my belief and we are already down a year on the rookie contract

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Exaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaactly. 

He's going to be fine on his rookie deal...and then likely an anchor or not a starter. I think that he can be as effective as Jimmy G, and while he's on a rookie deal that is worthwhile, but that's a short term marriage in my belief and we are already down a year on the rookie contract

And I'd prefer to go all in on Watson or one of the guys at the top with the actual potential to get somewhere close to that tier, but I think if any team is going to do the "Draft Mac Jones/Andy Dalton/overachieving-scrapper-with-issues-but-good-enough-when-cheap of the year and kick them to the curb and get a new one when the rookie contract ends", it should be us. I'd like to turn this unusually high draft position into a top quarterback. But if not, a cheap one and assets is better than Jimmy G, imo. And I like Jimmy. He's got a great attitude, the guys on the team love him. But he is physically limited and in the grey no-mans-land of paid quarterback starters.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Elijah Molden at corner. 

Shaun Wade is actually an excellent slot corner...don't let his struggles on the outside this year fool you. He's a slot corner or safety at the next level. 

I was thinking Wade as a top nickel option for us if he falls into the 4th or if we happen to pick up a 3rd.