2021 Draft Thread

John232

I did like that touchdown Mac just threw, he has had a couple nice sideline throws and he is good about knowing where to go with the ball.  I have not watched may bama games this year, I still want wilson but both QBs have done nice things this game.  Saying this I do noticed what is said about Fields processing speed, it feels a hair slow but his arm makes up for it... I do not like that aspect that people have noticed.

I think Mac Jones is a more realistic option for us in a trade up from the 2nd into the 20s-32. He's basically Kirk Cousins needs a good to great supporting cast to win games but can do it. I don't love it past his rookie contract but having basically Jimmy on a cheap deal isn't the worst idea. 

9 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

I think Mac Jones is a more realistic option for us in a trade up from the 2nd into the 20s-32. He's basically Kirk Cousins needs a good to great supporting cast to win games but can do it. I don't love it past his rookie contract but having basically Jimmy on a cheap deal isn't the worst idea. 

I have a terrible feeling we will do something like that, but I'm really hoping we don't. 

44 minutes ago, Forge said:

The back shoulder throw was impressive, but my stance hasn't really changed

Somewhat agree. I liked seeing the pocket climbing. And making the screen pass work for a TD on a busted play. I think he's got more moxie than a Cousins. Maybe a touch closer to Burrow. But you could be right.

Just now, JIllg said:

Somewhat agree. I liked seeing the pocket climbing. And making the screen pass work for a TD on a busted play. I think he's got more moxie than a Cousins. Maybe a touch closer to Burrow. But you could be right.

I think he's got a shot to go in round one... It's not that I don't think he's worth it, just not my flavor and I don't want us to draft him. I have no issue if someone took him at 24 or something

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I think he's got a shot to go in round one... It's not that I don't think he's worth it, just not my flavor and I don't want us to draft him. I have no issue if someone took him at 24 or something

It wouldn't be my favorite move, but I could talk myself into it even at 12 if we cut Jimmy G. But I'm intrigued to see this roll without Smith. 

3 minutes ago, JIllg said:

It wouldn't be my favorite move, but I could talk myself into it even at 12 if we cut Jimmy G. But I'm intrigued to see this roll without Smith. 

I hate it at 12. I can talk myself into it at let's say 25. Like forge has said I don't really want him at all. I don't think he's really what we need to take the next step in this evolving athletic QBs who can throw down the field. He be successful in Kyle's scheme forsure we can win games. I just want to see this offense with a qb who can create time with his athleticism and get the ball down field. 

11 minutes ago, JIllg said:

We'd have to be at 12 to make that selection. 

We moving on up, baby!!

• Like 1