2021 Draft Thread

John232

16 hours ago, Dutch said:

Are there any players that have opted out for the year or are unable to play this year due to their universities opting out that may slide in the draft that you would target as bargains?

I honestly don't know what kind of impact it's going to have. I feel like guys who aren't playing are probably somewhat known quantities at this point. For a guy like Lance, his stock probably only would have went down if he played, so sitting out is likely a good thing lol. 

19 hours ago, Forge said:

I'm starting to pay attention to Wilson at BYU, and yeah, he looks legit...even if he looks 9 years old. 

Seen him one game, maybe against Houston? They played Houston right? Could have been another team, but he showed nice athleticism and he definitely has an NFL arm. MUCH more impressed with him than Trask lol.

Lawrence, Fields, Wilson and Lance. Really nice looking QB class. Washington definitely takes one of the QBs if they end up with a top 10 pick, but do the Giants also go QB? Or do they go edge rusher? Falcons will go QB as well I'm thinking as they get ready for post-Ryan era. The 2018 QB class got a lot of hype, but the top QBs in that draft for the most part have looked like crap, but this class looks to be the real deal.

5 minutes ago, John232 said:

https://thedraftnetwork.com/mockDraft/ZdAAhvpmtR

My first mock. Traded back in the second. 

Forgive my ignorance, but is there not a legitimate edge option at #17? I'm good with going CB there but I would LOVE to get an edge opposite of Bosa, preferably a speedster. How is this draft in terms of edge rushers?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Forgive my ignorance, but is there not a legitimate edge option at #17? I'm good with going CB there but I would LOVE to get an edge opposite of Bosa, preferably a speedster. How is this draft in terms of edge rushers?

I guess Quincy Roche would've been your guy then. I was drafting based on the notion that Trent Williams and Dee Ford would be back and that Corner is likely a far more immediate need. 

58 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

There are a few. I'd say there are actually 3/4 that could be available that would be reasonable when we pick (assuming a bottom half pick)

17 hours ago, Forge said:

There are a few. I'd say there are actually 3/4 that could be available that would be reasonable when we pick (assuming a bottom half pick)

Nice, that's good to hear. Some fans aren't going to be happy that we spend yet ANOTHER first rounder on a DE, but that position is badly needed with Ford's injury history.

18 hours ago, John232 said:

I guess Quincy Roche would've been your guy then. I was drafting based on the notion that Trent Williams and Dee Ford would be back and that Corner is likely a far more immediate need. 

I think you kind of have to bring back Trent Williams, but man he's going to cost a fortune. Dude is so good though and still one of the absolute best in the league. As for Ford? I wouldn't be too sure about that. But even if we do bring him back, you can't trust him to stay on the field. We need our DL back to being dominant as that will keep us in the hunt every single year. 

But I have no problem going CB either. That's another need with damn near all our corners being free agents. 

19 hours ago, John232 said:

https://thedraftnetwork.com/mockDraft/ZdAAhvpmtR

My first mock. Traded back in the second. 

Really like Boyd, in the 7th.  I'd imagine we come out of the draft with a QB, probably day 3.  Were there any QB's that you were contemplating when on the clock, at any point? 

Is Jonathan Adams Jr really a 7th rounder?  

4 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I think you kind of have to bring back Trent Williams, but man he's going to cost a fortune. Dude is so good though and still one of the absolute best in the league. As for Ford? I wouldn't be too sure about that. But even if we do bring him back, you can't trust him to stay on the field. We need our DL back to being dominant as that will keep us in the hunt every single year. 

But I have no problem going CB either. That's another need with damn near all our corners being free agents. 

Re-signing Warner trumps re-signing Williams imo being as I don't see how we have the money to do both.

We don't really need a elite LT for this offense to keep humming along. Just need someone who isn't a complete stiff like McG. 

I'd be perfectly fine letting Skule, Coleman (pretty sure they bring him back) and whatever rookie battle it out for the job. 

But just like with Kittle, gotta show the locker room that you value guys who come in, play every week at a high level and have developed into elite level players at their position. I cringe when I think about what this defense would look like w/o Warner in the middle. He's going to be one of if not the highest paid at his position. And with the cap shrinking next year, not sure how we can afford both a elite LT and a elite MLB.