2021 Draft Thread

John232

Just now, 757-NINER said:

I literally forgot the Senior Bowl waa still a thing this year.

And yea, I still think Newman could be a Dak-like hit for someone.

That throw was bad though lol..

A lot of people have said he was very impressive so far, so that's a good sign. Especially given how rusty he could have  been. It's just so weird that they used that vid LOL

11 hours ago, John232 said:

Man, I might have to watch some Slater tape. He’s getting a lot of buzz.

He's very good. A little short for my liking@OT but if his wingspan checks out, shouldn't be a real issue. I like Darrishaw a little more but Slater is right there.

14 hours ago, Forge said:

A lot of people have said he was very impressive so far, so that's a good sign. Especially given how rusty he could have  been. It's just so weird that they used that vid LOL

Newman, I just don't trust. Word out of UGA was he quit last year because he wasn't performing too hot because he couldn't handle the playbook and was possibly getting passed on the depth chart which is why he opted out of the season. Not exactly a great match with Shanny's playbook imo. He's more Cam Newton than Dak in my mind also. Not that that matters, when Cam was on he was unstoppable.

Edited by Ftn49

41 minutes ago, Ftn49 said:

Newman, I just don't trust. Word out of UGA was he quit last year because he wasn't performing too hot because he couldn't handle the playbook and was possibly getting passed on the depth chart which is why he opted out of the season. Not exactly a great match with Shanny's playbook imo. He's more Cam Newton than Dak in my mind also. Not that that matters, when Cam was on he was unstoppable.

Newman is much better from the pocket than Cam at the same stage. Newman is a pocket QB who can run. Cam is a running QB who can throw. 

Don't know how valid those UGA rumors are but Clauson runs a very nuanced pasing offense@Wake and Newman had no problems running it, putting up great numbers with little fanfare. 

I still say he's worth a look as a 3rd or 4th rounder. He's toolsy and throws a much better ball tha ppl give him credit for. And he's much better operating in the pocket than most mobile QBs.

Edited by 757-NINER

2 minutes ago, Ftn49 said:

Not that I have a vote, but if I did, it would be all about secondary, OL and pass rush not necessarily in that order... unless one of the top 4 qbs drop. Not that I don't think Rodgers couldn't help.

100% agree. I want to come away from the draft with at least 1 EDGE, an outside corner, and at least 1 IOL. I'd love to see any combination of slot WR, nickel corner, RB, IOL, and EDGE in the later rounds/UDFA. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NinerNation21 said:

100% agree. I want to come away from the draft with at least 1 EDGE, an outside corner, and at least 1 IOL. I'd love to see any combination of slot WR, nickel corner, RB, IOL, and EDGE in the later rounds/UDFA. 

Talk to me about Divine Deablo