2021 Draft Thread

John232

35 minutes ago, Forge said:

Talk to me about Divine Deablo 

Meh. He's a huge, physical specimen but he doesn't look great in space imo. He can run a little but is really stiff. I wouldn't be opposed to him later on but I'd take Nasirlideen instead, who's another big safety but looks to have better insticbts and playmaking ability. 

Edited by 757-NINER
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Forge said:

Talk to me about Divine Deablo 

He's a converted WR. He's rangy and has good hands. He's always getting his hands on the ball for a PBU. Can be very physical at the PoA when moving forward. He's listed at 6'3 226 and definitely looks like a grown man out there. He looks like a LB playing safety compared to some of the skinny little freshman VT has had to field lately. 

He's a bit of a hybrid player similar to Ward where he can play either safety position. I'm not entirely sure where he fits best, though. I do think he's better in zone coverage where he has the freedom to roam a bit or watch the QB's eyes. I haven't seen him in a lot of man coverage.

When he's asked to come up to the LOS and make a play, he seems to be a natural. He loves to hit. He reminds me a bit of how Jamal Adams is used where he's asked to blitz a lot and play zone. Deablo didn't blitz as much as Adams, but the physicality and willingness to take on lineman is similar. 

He has 12.5 TFLs, 6 INTs, 11 PBU, and 3 FF in his career as a 3-yr starter. 4 of those picks and 8 of those PBUs came this season in 9 games. He's gotten better each year as his role expanded. 

He's probably a 4th-6th round pick with very good measurables. He's still a bit raw, so he's not really a plug-and-play type guy right now but could grow into a role similar to what we're doing with Ward. 

• Like 2

I'm seeing Amari Rodgers hype all over Twitter the past two days, so I checked out his scouting report on The Draft Network, and man, this guy is a 49er through and through.

Slot receiver that is built more like a running back. Has found success with manufactured touches, using his physicality and decisiveness to work after the catch.

This, obviously, fits very well with our scheme and mentality. BUT, here's the true tie-in:

Tore his ACL in March of 2019

Now we're talking. 

23 hours ago, NinerNation21 said:

A guy I've been keeping my eye on is EDGE, Hamilcar Rashed Jr. out of Oregon State. He had a good weigh in and his measurables are looking pretty good (6'3 254 lbs / 34" arms).

I've been reading up on his profile and it sounds like he has a lighting-fast first step off the edge and more of an athlete than a technician, but could be solid sub-package rusher. If he keeps his athleticism with his new weight, he could be a 2nd or 3rd round guy. I'd love to grab him in the 3rd and put him opposite of Bosa on 3rd downs.

Yup, I mentioned him in this very thread awhile back, but had no takers. I have liked what I saw (athletically, otherwise he is raw) and with Daryl Tapp coaching him up?!  Sign me up!

Just now, Chrissooner49er said:

Yup, I mentioned him in this very thread awhile back, but had no takers. I have liked what I saw (athletically, otherwise he is raw) and with Daryl Tapp coaching him up?!  Sign me up!

Tapp and Kocerek, more like. 

And yes, I've slowly jumped on his band wagon. I haven't watched film yet, but reading reports of him makes me very intrigued.

We need a dynamic speed rusher off the strong side to fill the void left by Ford. Watching Ford burst off the line to be in backfield before the QB took his second step was a thing of beauty.

We have the traditional strong-side DE in Armstead, but we have no speed off the edge outside of Bosa and possibly Willis if he's brought back. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Never have heard of this guy until now, but I like him! 2nd round target please! 

The typical small school O-line guy the Senior Bowl finds but this guyseems like the real deal. Not sure how he will fit in our scheme but the one on ones are a great watch.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NinerNation21 said:

I'm seeing Amari Rodgers hype all over Twitter the past two days, so I checked out his scouting report on The Draft Network, and man, this guy is a 49er through and through.

This, obviously, fits very well with our scheme and mentality. BUT, here's the true tie-in:

Now we're talking. 

I've been talking about Rodgers since the early part of the past season. He reminds me ALOT of Deebo as a prospect. I think he's a saavy, nuanced route runner who still has room to grow in that area. But he's like a RB with the ball in his hands and so he would fit right in with alot of the jet-sweeps and end arounds we like to do with Deebo. I'm actually disappointed he's@The Senor Bowl, as I was hoping he would continue to fly under the radar. Guess more ppl are noticing him, which sucks becasue I thought he could be had around the 4th-5th round due to his lack of size and questions on his long speed. 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Never have heard of this guy until now, but I like him! 2nd round target please! 

He's been killing it for two days. I still don't think we are going oline that early though unless we lose Trent

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

So apparently lynch was on kawakamis podcast and said that he didn't anticipate going qb at 12? I didn't listen, heard it elsewhere, but guessing Jimmy it Stafford then, and only the latter if we can keep 12?

Yeah, I still think there’s better than a 50% Jimmy’s our guy next year.