2021 Draft Thread

John232

1 hour ago, Forge said:

So apparently lynch was on kawakamis podcast and said that he didn't anticipate going qb at 12? I didn't listen, heard it elsewhere, but guessing Jimmy it Stafford then, and only the latter if we can keep 12?

This was a few weeks back. I posted some tidbits from the interview. He actually wasn't opposed to taking a QB, but talked more about improving the "QB room."

• Like 1

12 hours ago, StevenK said:

Knowing how we normally draft someone from South Carolina, what about Shi Smith - WR? Apparently he’s been having some good workouts at the senior bowl too. 

Thanks to @oldman9er, we have some of the WR vs DB drills. Shi Smith was very impressive, IMO. His breaks are phenomenal. Hands are pretty good, too. 

I like ND's Ben Skowronek. He reminds me a little of Bourne because he seemed to be a Red Zone threat in the games I watched. 

Sure wouldn't mind getting either of the Sooner DBs in this draft. I like both Tres: Norwood and Brown. Norwood didn't seem to have many reps in those videos and Brown had real ups and downs. However, I really think that drill has the odds stacked against the defender. 

Honestly, those were some of the worst 1 on 1 drills I have seen. From the sloppy routes the WRs were running, to the stiff/slow corners and the EXTREMELY inaccurate QB(s). If these are the corners coming out, this looks like a poor class for sure. Though I don't know if some of them were safeties or not. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Those who love analytics will love this — or maybe they won’t. One team who has already broken down every pass thrown by Justin Fields in 2020 said in private conversations he looked off the primary target on just seven throws.  That’s under three percent of his passes.

That was my concern while watching the National Championship. Always to the first read. I don't know, maybe he's a genius at pre-snap reads, so it's worked out for him most of the times... but he didn't cut it in the championship game. Absolute beast of a thrower of the ball, though. Not much in the way of progressions.

• Like 2

My OL/DL standouts from the Senior Bowl pratices...

O-Line

Trey Smith, OG - Tennessee

Drake Jackdon, OC - Kentucky

Dillon Radunz, OT - North Dakota State

D-Line

Rashad Weaver, DE - Pitt

Elerson Smith, DE - Northern Iowa

Osa Odighizuwa, DT - UCLA

Cam Sample, DT - Tulane

Carlos Basham, Jr, DE - Wake Forest

Radunz is a BALLER! Looks like a legit starting LT@the NFL level. Just needs to add some strength but he's got great feet and balance. 

• Like 1