2021 Draft Thread

John232

5 hours ago, StevenK said:

Rumor has it that Bill likes Zach Wilson a lot, but maybe we send him back Jimmy and he falls? One can hope. 

I’ll be interested to watch Trask today, they play GA. One of the top defenses. 

Mixed bag so far

21 minutes ago, Forge said:

There has been no improvement at all. 

I'm a Michigan fan and it's hard watch every wk. We don't have any (elite)speed on this team. And why is it so hard to find a QB for a program like Michigan?

16 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

i don't follow college football...has he been that bad? 

I think he deserves another NFL shot...could see him having his pick of whatever NFL job he wants

Yes, he is that bad. Not Singletary bad but close. 

15 hours ago, sherm said:

I'm a Michigan fan and it's hard watch every wk. We don't have any (elite)speed on this team. And why is it so hard to find a QB for a program like Michigan?

I think it is similar to Georgia, these coaches want to run ball control offenses but that is just not what is working. With all the rule changes it makes it impossible to play elite defense anymore. Its been trending that way for years but now its legit impossible. And the only way to make an offense explosive is to eat live and breathe that way. That's not the way the old school coaches want to be. They were brought up ball control.

Didn't see this article posted. Breer is saying that scouts think Trey Lance would be a good fit for the Shanny offense. What do you guys think? 

Here’s my read on the situation: The Niners like Garoppolo, and maybe even more so now that they got a look at what they looked like with Nick Mullens and C.J. Beathard under center. And I think they’d be fine going forward with him in 2021. But are their eyes going to be open to a potential upgrade? I think they will be. Maybe they’ll wind up with a high pick, and a shot at someone like North Dakota State’s Trey Lance, regarded by scouts as a strong fit for the Shanahan offense. Maybe a Shanahan-connected QB like Matt Ryan or Kirk Cousins will be available. Or maybe their best option will be to stick with Garoppolo.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/11/02/49ers-injury-issues-jimmy-garoppolo-future