2021 Draft Thread

John232

Just now, Forge said:

The funny part is that when he's #1 in the gif, he's also still number 6 

Haha, I didn't notice that. That doesn't make the QB ratings any more confusing.  

33 minutes ago, Forge said:

We are meeting with receiver Dax Milne.

Not sure how much stock to put into the meetings this year, however in years past it has shown to be a big hint in which directions we are going to go. 

OR....

Maybe they're interviewing him as a smokescreen to secretly gain more info on Zach Wilson because we're going to trade up for him!

I'm going to tweet this right now to spark a 49ers Twitter wildfire. 

**UPDATE**

It appears I am too late, Javier Vega has already started this rumor.

Edited by NinerNation21
  • Like 3

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/145044-chris-simms-sees-these-rookie-fits-shanahans-49ers/

Simms was asked by a fan, via Pro Football Talk, which quarterback on the list Kyle Shanahan and the 49ers might desire the most.

"Well, I think Zach Wilson is the guy that he would like the most. I do," Simms responded. "That's the guy for that system; the movement, the crazy delivery, the power, and the arm. All those things."

Wilson is expected to be the No. 2 overall pick, currently owned by the New York Jets. The 49ers own the No. 12 overall pick following a six-win campaign in 2020. So, where does that leave Simms' close friend, Shanahan?

"But I also think like a Mac Jones could fit à la a better version of Kirk Cousins, in ways, coming out of the draft," Simms adds, "and can be that guy in that system too. I do. I think, coming out of the draft, and everything like that, Mac Jones is a better thrower, a better arm than Kirk Cousins. His size is a little bit better.

"And again, Mac Jones has this tennis background, right? His feet are unreal. I mean, unreal. Other than Zach Wilson, he has the best feet in the pocket to move and slide and shuffle and do all those things within it.

If Shanny can't get Kirk Cousins, he'll get the next best thing! Well, maybe 

Edited by 49ersfan

1 hour ago, Chrissooner49er said:

I think Milne could be a late gem. Day 3 or UDFA and a good nice addition to our O. 

Of course, I wouldn't mind the alternative, either....😎

For WR, I'm focused on slot guys and three that are my main crushes right are:

• Amari Rodgers
  • Dazz Newsome
  • Shi Smith
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, GW21 said:

Haha, I didn't notice that. That doesn't make the QB ratings any more confusing.  

They weren't real rankings, it was a joke about how much flip flopping he was doing and how he gets more/less excited about prospects on a daily basis. 

That is what @Forge was referencing because I know he is always tinkering with his rankings lol 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, N4L said:

They weren't real rankings, it was a joke about how much flip flopping he was doing and how he gets more/less excited about prospects on a daily basis. 

That is what @Forge was referencing because I know he is always tinkering with his rankings lol 

Ha yeah I get it. I think having Mond a part of that conversation is more comical that the flip flopping though.

• Like 1