2021 Draft Thread

John232

1 hour ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I'm not trusting any 40 times that come out this year, to be honest. 

That being said, I think we as a team are already moving in the direction of in game GPS, which will be a bigger thing moving forward. 

9 hours ago, Forge said:

Makes sense. I expect us to go RB in rounds 4-6

which RBs should I scout? I am finally starting to get into draft mode. 

Ive wanted Najee Harris to be a 49er since he was a true freshman. I think he is a perfect fit for our offense and is a three down back. Can run the outside zone to perfection, can catch passes, is good in space. He runs hard and doesnt seem to get driven backwards. Deceptively powerful

He might fall a bit due to the stigma of alabama runners. I mean, they do have a great system with all the beef on the OL and the playmakers on the outside. He got to the second level a lot before anyone could breathe on him. It looked easy for him at times because they make it look so easy for running backs. Thats why he may fall, but I am telling you this kid is a different kind of runner than we have seen come out of Alabama recently. 

I doubt it happens because he will probably be drafted higher than we are going to budget for drafting a runner, but honestly Kyle may fall in love and pull the trigger. If he is there with the Saleh pick at the 3rd/4th turn, that would be a homerun in my eyes. I would also be very comfortable with trading back from #12 and getting an extra pick that we use on him. That way he is "free" with our trade down. 

I like Javonte Williams as a fit here as well. Watch him end up in Green Bay as an Aaron Jones replacement. He seems like the type of guy that some other outside zone team will draft before us. Seems like damn near half the league runs our offense now. Thats not great if everyone is looking for the same types of traits. 

Ok, I am coming around to Gregory Rousseau at 12. Someone in the draft forum said they say see some Aldon Smith in his game. Insane length and moves really well. 

I would love Kocerek to get his hands on him. The elite elite upside is there. 

If he pans out, we are going to have problems paying everyone on our DL lol 

6 hours ago, N4L said:

which RBs should I scout? I am finally starting to get into draft mode. 

Ive wanted Najee Harris to be a 49er since he was a true freshman. I think he is a perfect fit for our offense and is a three down back. Can run the outside zone to perfection, can catch passes, is good in space. He runs hard and doesnt seem to get driven backwards. Deceptively powerful

He might fall a bit due to the stigma of alabama runners. I mean, they do have a great system with all the beef on the OL and the playmakers on the outside. He got to the second level a lot before anyone could breathe on him. It looked easy for him at times because they make it look so easy for running backs. Thats why he may fall, but I am telling you this kid is a different kind of runner than we have seen come out of Alabama recently. 

I doubt it happens because he will probably be drafted higher than we are going to budget for drafting a runner, but honestly Kyle may fall in love and pull the trigger. If he is there with the Saleh pick at the 3rd/4th turn, that would be a homerun in my eyes. I would also be very comfortable with trading back from #12 and getting an extra pick that we use on him. That way he is "free" with our trade down. 

I like Javonte Williams as a fit here as well. Watch him end up in Green Bay as an Aaron Jones replacement. He seems like the type of guy that some other outside zone team will draft before us. Seems like damn near half the league runs our offense now. Thats not great if everyone is looking for the same types of traits. 

Khalil Herbert. I think he fits really well with our offense and has a nice blend of speed and power. He’s halfway between mostert and Wilson in terms of the speed/power combo and also has some nice hands. 

I think he’s a 5th-6th rounder, which is around where I think we look RB. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, N4L said:

Ok, I am coming around to Gregory Rousseau at 12. Someone in the draft forum said they say see some Aldon Smith in his game. Insane length and moves really well. 

I would love Kocerek to get his hands on him. The elite elite upside is there. 

If he pans out, we are going to have problems paying everyone on our DL lol 

Rousseau would be one of my least favorite picks. Dude has no bend or explosion at all. The only thing similar he has to Aldon is his length. If we wanted that we could just take Jordan Smith in the 3rd.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Geek said:

Rousseau would be one of my least favorite picks. Dude has no bend or explosion at all. The only thing similar he has to Aldon is his length. If we wanted that we could just take Jordan Smith in the 3rd.

Don't be knocking Jordan Smith! 

Seriously though, guys like Jordan smith are the reason that I'm very meh on edge at 12.

Also, aldon was already far more refined then rousseau when he came out imo

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Forge said:

Seriously though, guys like Jordan smith are the reason that I'm very meh on edge at 12.

The problem with Rousseau and Farley in a way is that this was supposed to be the year they refined their bad habits and took it to another level. Since they didn't play, you really don't know what types of players they are right now.

But there's definitely a lot to like with both of them.

I'm not as down on this edge class. A lot of intriguing options at #12...But Slater is my guy this year as Wirfs was last year!!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Forge said:

Haha that was actually supposed to be an endorsement of him. I just worded it oddly. For me Smith is a far more exciting prospect.

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Agreed. There are a few EDGE guys I like better than the top guys in the class right now.

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

The problem with Rousseau and Farley in a way is that this was supposed to be the year they refined their bad habits and took it to another level. Since they didn't play, you really don't know what types of players they are right now.

But there's definitely a lot to like with both of them.

I'm not as down on this edge class. A lot of intriguing options at #12...But Slater is my guy this year as Wirfs was last year!!

All for Slater @12! Definitely my guy this year as well.