2021 Draft Thread

John232

1 minute ago, Forge said:

That's a nice 3 cone, jesus. Punt returner, not a kick returner at the next level. I like the fifth round for him

For sure. I just updated my post with some context, and holy moly this dude can move. We love putting the ball in athletes' hands and letting them work, Darden would be a monster in our offense.

Just now, NinerNation21 said:

For sure. I just updated my post with some context, and holy moly this dude can move. We love putting the ball in athletes' hands and letting them work, Darden would be a monster in our offense.

I figured it out. He's  what you get if richie James and Trent taylor have a baby

13 minutes ago, John232 said:

I swear these times are being fixed. Those Penn state dudes are freaks but they can't be THAT freaky. 

The only thing that's keeping me from totally throwing these numbers out is that each pro day has combine officials there to check and record numbers. Also, they have 3rd party people doing the measuring from places EXOS, so it's not people from the schools skewing numbers.

2 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

The only thing that's keeping me from totally throwing these numbers out is that each pro day has combine officials there to check and record numbers. Also, they have 3rd party people doing the measuring from places EXOS, so it's not people from the schools skewing numbers.

I'm completely throwing out the exos combine. The pro day numbers I'll treat the same as I always do (typically add a little time to the 40, but not much...things like verts and broad jumps should be unaffected) 

I'm going to have to stop paying attention to 49ers twitter. Most reactionary group ever. Now everyone is in on Oweh in the second round. The mock I just saw was Horn in rd 1, Oweh rd 2, Mills in rd 3. I don't know how you make a more reactionary mock than that lol. 

Oweh doesn't know how to play football. He just doesn't. There's absolutely nothing that would make me want to take him that early. Oweh is a physical freak, no doubt, but I'd still draft him after guys like Elerson Smith. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm going to have to stop paying attention to 49ers twitter. Most reactionary group ever. Now everyone is in on Oweh in the second round. The mock I just saw was Horn in rd 1, Oweh rd 2, Mills in rd 3. I don't know how you make a more reactionary mock than that lol. 

Oweh doesn't know how to play football. He just doesn't. There's absolutely nothing that would make me want to take him that early. Oweh is a physical freak, no doubt, but I'd still draft him after guys like Elerson Smith. 

Elerson Smith is sneaky good. He has a good feel as a pass-rusher and knows how to set-up lineman. Reminds alot of Bosa in that they just have a knack for angles and condensing space in a hurry. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Forge said:

My 2nd round EDGE guy is still Ossai.

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

If he's there at our pick in the second, he's likely the highest rated edge on the board for me

Yeah he's close to #1 for me. I don't like any of the Miami guys. I'm warm on Paye. I like him, but don't think I love him until the end of the 1st. Ojlari seems nice, but I don't like how small he is. 

58 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

Yeah he's close to #1 for me. I don't like any of the Miami guys. I'm warm on Paye. I like him, but don't think I love him until the end of the 1st. Ojlari seems nice, but I don't like how small he is. 

I am not convinced the Miami guys will pan out to be what they are propped up to be. Not big on Paye, either. Ojulari is basically a raw Dee Ford. If Dee is ready to go any time soon, we should wait on Edge until at least Day 2. 

Really like Elerson Smith and Hamilcar Rashed. 

1 minute ago, Chrissooner49er said:

I am not convinced the Miami guys will pan out to be what they are propped up to be. Not big on Paye, either. Ojulari is basically a raw Dee Ford. If Dee is ready to go any time soon, we should wait on Edge until at least Day 2. 

Really like Elerson Smith and Hamilcar Rashed. 

I like both of those guys as well. Rashed is my #2 I think.