2021 Draft Thread

John232

54 minutes ago, Forge said:

Also, we are going to draft Dax Milne. I feel it in my bones 

Milne is an interesting guy. Does he help Zach Wilson's crazy throws look good, or does Zach Wilson's crazy throws make Milne look good?

I don't love the middle and bottom of this receiver class, but there are about 4-5 guys I'd draft ahead of Milne right now.

9 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

Milne is an interesting guy. Does he help Zach Wilson's crazy throws look good, or does Zach Wilson's crazy throws make Milne look good?

I don't love the middle and bottom of this receiver class, but there are about 4-5 guys I'd draft ahead of Milne right now.

I love the middle and bottom of this receiver class. That's why I wouldn't take Darden before the 5th. You can throw a rock and hit six other guys that are pretty close or similar. Milne is a different type of option though...he and Sage Surrat very much possession and contested catch guys as opposed to the quick and smallish slow guys that litter the bottom of the class. 

Milne is not a guy I care for a ton just because the athletic traits are kind of meh on the field. Tremendous ball tracker, probably one of the best in the class. He also works heavy in an an option based offense and does really well with his choices, so clearly has a strong football IQ. But he's going to be a zone buster. If you pair him with a risk averse QB or offense, he's probably a not going to give you much either. In our offense, he's probably more successful than in an offense that doesn't employ option routes. He's hard to comp because of the IQ portion of this which I do believe is a big part of his game, but I'm a little worried he's closer to guys like Kelvin Harmon 

One of the things that bothers me about Milne though is that he's not going to be a returner for you or anything. He could be a gunner and help out special teams there, but there are other guys in the class that could be a gunner & returner

On 3/26/2021 at 12:35 PM, Forge said:

I love the middle and bottom of this receiver class. That's why I wouldn't take Darden before the 5th. You can throw a rock and hit six other guys that are pretty close or similar. Milne is a different type of option though...he and Sage Surrat very much possession and contested catch guys as opposed to the quick and smallish slow guys that litter the bottom of the class. 

Yea, the middle round WRs in this class are going to kill it.

This is a great class for WRs. You almost have to take one by default, even if you're stacked@the position. So many guys I really like and could see thriving for us. Question is, how soon will we go WR? We all know Shanny loves his toys. And he'll have a shiny new QB to break-in so I'll be interested in seeing when and who we draft to pair with our QBOTF.

On 3/27/2021 at 1:02 PM, 757-NINER said:

Yea, the middle round WRs in this class are going to kill it.

This is a great class for WRs. You almost have to take one by default, even if you're stacked@the position. So many guys I really like and could see thriving for us. Question is, how soon will we go WR? We all know Shanny loves his toys. And he'll have a shiny new QB to break-in so I'll be interested in seeing when and who we draft to pair with our QBOTF.

I agree with your overall post, but I think the bolded was Brandon Aiyuk. 

I mean, Aiyuk is so much more than just a deep threat, but he IS a legit deep threat with his length and top end speed. He is going to kill it in the 15-25 yard range as well. That was never Garoppolos style. 

I think we could draft 2 WRs in this draft. We have no depth there. 

3 hours ago, N4L said:

I agree with your overall post, but I think the bolded was Brandon Aiyuk. 

I mean, Aiyuk is so much more than just a deep threat, but he IS a legit deep threat with his length and top end speed. He is going to kill it in the 15-25 yard range as well. That was never Garoppolos style. 

I think we could draft 2 WRs in this draft. We have no depth there. 

I'm saying in THIS draft. Shanny takes a WR every year. Just curious as to who and how early it will be this year to pair with their new QB.