2021 Draft Thread

John232

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Brian Peacock said it really well....a pro day was never going to be a good forum for Mac to make it look like he belonged with the likes of the others. Optically, he's just not as impressive in basically any way. You are going to have to grind the tape for sure, though that's tricky with Jones as well. 

LIS, QBs like Jones are expected to hit every single pass since they won't wow you with their arm strength. But some of those overthrows were kind of bad no doubt. Was more accurate in actual games.

Again though, you aren't going to draft him because of his arm strength or physical attributes. But when you draft someone like that, you capping your ceiling to a certain extent. Do you REALLY trade two future first rounders for someone like that? I just can't buy it.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

Brian Peacock said it really well....a pro day was never going to be a good forum for Mac to make it look like he belonged with the likes of the others. Optically, he's just not as impressive in basically any way. You are going to have to grind the tape for sure, though that's tricky with Jones as well. 

Yeah the type of QB Mac is will never wow you with single throws against air. He just doesn't have the arm to wow you. I think in general for these QB's talking to the coaches and FO is way more important. Both with Fields if he really processes things slower or if its something that he was coached to wait for his receiver to actually make the move before throwing it and Mac who really needs to be even more sharp mentally to overcome his more limited physical tools. 

With Fields his pro day will look probably more impressive but really won't tell you anything about how he processes things and decision making.

2 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

I can't find anyone else saying this. I was under the impression that Kyle and John would not be attending Field's pro day. But maybe they are now?

No chance they are there now. Can be they will be going after they finish in Bama but they where clearly in Bama.

Just now, Justone2 said:

No chance they are there now. Can be they will be going after they finish in Bama but they where clearly in Bama.

Right, which is why I was confused. Fields is throwing right now and they're still at Bama. I shared the tweet because I thought it was weird.

1 minute ago, NinerNation21 said:

Right, which is why I was confused. Fields is throwing right now and they're still at Bama. I shared the tweet because I thought it was weird.

There where some rumors floating around they will be there around 4 pm today.

Just now, Justone2 said:

There where some rumors floating around they will be there around 4 pm today.

Ah, ok. I guess to chat with Fields and the people who are actually there to watch. 

I think it bodes well for the Fields fans that Peters is there watching Fields as Peters has been more of the "boots on the ground" from a talent evaluation standpoint. Lynch seems to be the relationship guy to get the background details on the prospect. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

Yeah, I believe they are just flying there today and they will probably get in a workout with Fields tomorrow. They werent going to see his Pro Day today

35 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

I can't find anyone else saying this. I was under the impression that Kyle and John would not be attending Field's pro day. But maybe they are now?

They will be in Columbus by 4. I posted it earlier

• Like 1